Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum > Appearance/Interior/Exterior
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Appearance/Interior/Exterior: All interior and exterior tech discussions; body and paint, conversions, lighting, washing, waxing, etc. Probationary Members can post here.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2004, 09:32 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 163
Classifieds Rating: 3

Hood Buckled Now what

Hey dsmers. well my day is screwed. I was driving and someone cut into my lane and then slammed on their brakes because they didnt see the car in front of me. Well i was able to slow my car down to 15mph, but still made contact with the lexus rx300. My hood is now buckled and my front bumper is pushed down. Now my question is how much would it cost to get the front raised back up (excluding hood and front bumper). I think they have to machine it or something to get it back to where it is supposed to be. I was also thinking since it has presented the opportunity that I would convert the eagle talon front end to a 97-99 eclipse.

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:09 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 345
Photos: 2
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to chriw21_2000
Any frame shop/ Body shop can repair the car. More than likely it needs a new radiator support. They will either fix the old one or replace it. Its not cheap though.

Laterz
View photos of this member's car 

Old 02-06-2004, 07:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 863
Photos: 16
Classifieds Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to ILLiCliPSE Send a message via MSN to ILLiCliPSE
lets just say my day wasnt any better

http://www.illicitx.net/images/new/P1010068.JPG
http://www.illicitx.net/images/now.JPG

Old 02-07-2004, 02:06 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 163
Classifieds Rating: 3
man that looks horrible. what hit you?

Old 02-07-2004, 02:20 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 772
Photos: 3
Classified Ads: 1
Wow...cross ## fingers that it's not totalled. Get a 97-99 conversion if they can fix it though!

Old 02-07-2004, 02:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

technically it is totaled, the repair will cost as much as the cars worth, but since I dont have collision the insurance company cant "total" it. My dad knows alot of people in the automotive repair industry (so its not gonna cost as much) and the car will be fixed 97 style. all the parts have arrived including my carbon fiber oem hood Ill keep everyone updated. Supposedly they started working on it friday the 6th.

Old 02-07-2004, 05:40 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

thats not totaled... All it needs is a left fender, headlight, rad. support, radiator, nose, corner lamp, hood, and A/C condencer. Thats not a big deal. Any body shop could handle that. If they total a car because of this damage, The adjuster or body shop is crazy. Unless there is hidden damage, from the pics, your looking at probably 1500-1800 to fix it. If it goes through insurance expect more beacuse the body shop will make more.

Laterz

Old 02-07-2004, 06:53 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 62
Send a message via AIM to Spoolin95DSM
Quote:
Originally posted by ILLiCliPSE
lets just say my day wasnt any better

http://www.illicitx.net/images/new/P1010068.JPG
http://www.illicitx.net/images/now.JPG
Ouch!That looks terrible.Looking at alot of cost in damage thier:eek:

Old 02-07-2004, 06:59 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chriw21_2000
thats not totaled... All it needs is a left fender, headlight, rad. support, radiator, nose, corner lamp, hood, and A/C condencer. Thats not a big deal. Any body shop could handle that. If they total a car because of this damage, The adjuster or body shop is crazy. Unless there is hidden damage, from the pics, your looking at probably 1500-1800 to fix it. If it goes through insurance expect more beacuse the body shop will make more.

Laterz
Man Im sorry to say but that thing IS totalled.The frame needs to be pulled and everything,and even then it'll never be the same.My car wasnt even half that bad when it was hit and it was totalled.You cant just buy a new fender,hood,bumper,radiator support,and expect that to be fixed.the whole frame looks twisted.:thumbdown

Old 02-07-2004, 08:10 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

the car isnt totaled, it can and is getting fixed.

Old 02-08-2004, 05:25 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

It isnt totaled... Totaled in the automotive field means that the car is either unrepairable or it would cost more than the car is worth. To fix the car wouldnt cost that much. This is a simple fix....

Later

Old 02-09-2004, 05:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Um,maybe it isnt totalled..but thats not a ''Simple Fix''.The frame is bowed.The right side of the car,is totally screwed.It looks like something actually ran up on his car and that side of the frame is pushed down.I work in a bodyshop.....thats no ''simple'' or ''cheap'' fix.Are we both looking at the same car?The red N/T right?That thing needs one hell of a frame pull.I mean it can be done but thats not no $500 job,your looking at over $1500 atleast from what i see in that picture

Old 02-09-2004, 03:29 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

yes its not a cheap fix, the frame does need pulled, and yes i hit a cadillac from behind and went under it

Old 02-09-2004, 03:37 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Banned Member

Tech Posts: 1,319
Classifieds Rating: 4
just get a new core support from conicelli and start buying shit off the trader for cheap.

i know that can be fixed for under 500.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:56 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

ok, Take the car to a frame shop. Tell them to pull it back out. It wont cost that much. Then take and cut all the spot welds loose holding the core support on. Then weld new one on. Then just bolt everything back on. Its not hard. No if you carry it to someone and they do all the work, its not a $500 fix, but from the pics it doesnt look that bad. I also work in a body shop and have fixed worse for less than a 1000

Laterz

Old 02-11-2004, 01:08 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 310
Photos: 3
Send a message via AIM to VOTBLINDUB
been there, done that! cost: $5500