The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What kind of power are you seeing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDT

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
DSM, California
Please list your turbo setup and fuel/tuning management along with dyno numbers.

I hear anywhere from 230whp untuned stock block, to 200whp built motor with megasquirt. What is the average hp and/or torque figures?

I'm going to leave mine on 8psi with stock internals, and the butt dyno isn't very accurate. :tease:

he hasnt pulled the trigger yet. he has paths laid out for him, he is just lost on which one to walk down.. Has alot todo with goals and budget.. :)

he hasnt pulled the trigger yet. he has paths laid out for him, he is just lost on which one to walk down.. Has alot todo with goals and budget.. :)

i kinda wanna go megasquirt, but at that same time i already have the portfueler, so it makes it hard for me to want to switch it out, i do think i may pick up a local precision that will defintly help me reach my goals, then alls i will relly have left is lsd and slicks, an maybe some other odds and ends that im not thinking of, but i do think that hahn's record could easily be beat, :thumb:

Hahn 20G

800cc inj

Electromotive Tec3r w/ ignition

370hp 390tq 26psi

*this was a really old tune, im talking 8+ years ago. Going to get a fresh tune this year with the addition of Meth and a larger TB.

E85
FID 2050 CC injectors
Megasquirt
PTE 5857

424 /355 @15 PSI with plenty to go.

We made around 170 based on weight and trap speed on my brothers car last year.
Stock short block
Non turbo
Meagsquirt.
I really think 250 is doable on the stock bottom end. With meagsquirt and good fuel as any knock will destroy the stock pm rods.

This would be great pinned if we had more posts on our 420 so I dont have to shift through the other engine posts.

300+whp has been done more than a couple times on 99% stock shortblocks (ARP ls1 rod bolts and head studs). I'd recommend an AEM FIC. If you are lucky you might be able to find a pnp megasquirt that was created on a trial run over on neons.org.

These are ECB's i've had, but are basically 420a's:
100% stock longblock 2.0 sohc
ebay 60trim
no intercooler
14psi
e85
AEM FIC
srt stg1's
-was thru a bone stock auto. ran it for 6 months then parted it out. zero issues

2.0 sohc
8.9:1 CP/eagle
ARP's
Fully ported head
Comp 400 cam
Holset h1c (18cm housing)
AEM FIC
srt stg1's
10psi on 91 made 253whp/210tq (very late spool)
Ran on 14psi on e85 (idc's were 100%) no dyno
-Parted it out before I could upgrade the fuel system

Last edited:
Made 300+ on 100% stock motor with portfueler a while ago and went 12.4, its not the rods u have to worry about but the ringlands. Mine were fine with a good tune and running c16 all the time in all my cars!

Btw i dont suggest doing what i did cuz i dont want to be responsible just cuz we got away with it! Build that biotch and be safe, if my intercooler coupler didnt blow apart it would have been an easy 10.5 pass and that was at only 27psi, so go knock em dead!

the 12.4 was on stock motor at 15psi,then i built it and went 11.0 blowing up the coupler. Didnt want u thinking stock motor 27psi

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back