The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Help.. NV T350

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1g8420a

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2011
Fort Riley, Kansas
So I bought a 97 GS about a year ago and I am doing my second rebuild this time I am having a motor built at a Local Machine Shop in Sacramento CA. I have an Issue with my trans.. I have the Typical "TOB" sound scraping ect. but, it dose it only on cold starts and when I push the clutch Down it goes away.?(input shaft Bearing?) that's just the beginning.. when I back up the whole trans and CV's Lock up and the tires scratch and, the car comes to a VERY sudden stop I had check multiple times to make sure it did not pop out of gear and it did not. but if I back up hecka slow it dose not do it like slow 1/2 mile an hour slow..

Keep in mind I have pulled the trans now and I am contemplating sending the trans in to be rebuilt. I have never performed any maintenance to my transmission. Thanks for any help you may provide in advance! :thumb:

The TOB noise as you described is 'typical'...and it will go away when you engage the clutch. As for the second part, it sounds like you're not getting it fully engaged into reverse. Since you have the transmission already pulled you probably ought to have it looked at if you're not confident in doing the work yourself or don't know what to look for.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back