The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Tsudo N1 pictures and video!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeMiZiS

Supporting VIP
Jul 25, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
So here are some pictures of my Tsudo N1 exhaust installed on my car, with a video so you can hear how it sounds.
(I know my car idles funny, but you can get the idea)
I got it on ebay for less than 300 shipped. Note this video is from the first time I started it up with the exhaust on. So it is a little louder than it is now, not sure why though:confused:

YouTube - VIDEO0009.3gp

Attachments

• IMAG0129.jpg
    IMAG0129.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 798
  • IMAG0130.jpg
    IMAG0130.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 802
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 789
Your muffler points straight back.... Almost all the 2g mufflers I've seen point at an angle (to the left, if your looking at the back of the car)

Mine points straight back too :) I like it pointing straight back instead of an angle though. Angle looks funky to me IMO

I was glad after I installed it, that it did point straight out (not at an angle)
Because a lot of people were telling me that N1 means it sticks out at angle.

This is mostly with the apexi n-1 and the HKS exhaust that it comes out on an angle.

Mine sticks out in a angle. I believe the the ones that have an angle are better because there is a less restrictive bend compared to straight back resulting in more power. not much power but every little bit counts. By the way lovin the 2gb coversion need to get it painted though.

The ones that go on an angle are the ones with no bends at the end by the muffler plus mostly are for awd since the pipe has to go under the rear differential.

Weird, mine is a Tsudo GST and it's at an angle. To the OP: Is that a 3"Tsudo GST exhaust? Does it go over the rear axle? Do you have a set of cams in your beast?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, mine is a Tsudo GST and it’s at an angle. To the OP: Is that a 3”Tsudo GST exhaust? Does it go over the rear axle? Do you have a set of cams in your beast?

Yep it is 3' Tsudo N1 I believe the add said it was RS, GS, exhaust.
It does go over the rear axle. It was a pain to get in there, but I jacked my car up as high as the jack would go and just kept trying different ways until it magically just went in!:D
I don't have "cams" I just have an idle problem which I am all most convinced is from a very small head gasket leak. It will only know for sure after I have a head ready and change the gasket.:thumb:

This is mostly with the apexi n-1 and the HKS exhaust that it comes out on an angle.

I was under the impression Tsudo was made by Apexi or is that just speculation??

I was under the impression Tsudo was made by Apexi or is that just speculation??

Well I know that there are a lot of brands out there that use the N1 name tag, but are not official Apex'i N1's. I presume Tsudo is one that takes the N1 exhaust design and brand their name on it. Corrext me if I am wrong guys. That's just my .02.

By the way.. since yous gots a 3 incher; are you planning on boosting any time soon?

but it say its for 95-99 MITSUBIHI ECLIPSE GST /TALON TURBO do gst exhuasts fit 420a's?

yes the GST exhaust does fit the RS and GS model eclipse that have the 420A motor :)

but the GSX exhaust will not fit a 420A system because it has to be routed under the rear differential if i have my facts straight.

and taylor, good to hear another 420A joining the boosted club :thumb:

I'm jealous, wish I could go turbo on my car. I like your exhaust. Always wondered about those Tsudo exhausts, I ended up getting an APEXi N1 hehe

yes the GST exhaust does fit the RS and GS model eclipse that have the 420A motor :)

but the GSX exhaust will not fit a 420A system because it has to be routed under the rear differential if i have my facts straight.

and taylor, good to hear another 420A joining the boosted club :thumb:

alright because im thinking of buying it..and ill be joining the boosted club to. soon....
:dsm::talon:

My talon idle's like that as well, i was thinkin it was an inoperative EGR. Not sure though.

The EGR valve huh?.. I thought that too a while back, I swapped the EGR valve from my spare motor (which didn't have an idle problem, before it started knocking) It didn't make any difference. I've been planning on doing an EGR block off. I'm still in the process of figuring out exactly what needs to be done in order to get it blocked off , with out a CEL.

the sound will be 10x better once your turbo. i have the knock-off version from ebay and it is quieter and smoother then yours at N/A. just something to look forward to and motivate ya to get them parts ;)

edit: just re-read your post that its an idle issue thats making it sound like it is.... here is my vid revving

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UmPcHcwc8M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UmPcHcwc8M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back