The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

hx40- 682whp/573tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's F**king sick man, I just installed my HX-40 last weekend and love it even though I'm running only 10psi. There's a 8-blade HX-40 right ? I read somewhere on here about a super 40.

Ya I did. These aren't slicks these are my street tires LOL. I ran them at 25psi so I don't know how much different the dyno reading would be. They didn't spin or anything. Are they supposed to increase or hurt the #'s? I've never heard anything like that honestly.

The numbers might not be off so much at that pressure. Iirc it's the expansion and 'give' in the sidewalls of slicks that fudge the numbers.

Ya I did. These aren't slicks these are my street tires LOL. I ran them at 25psi so I don't know how much different the dyno reading would be. They didn't spin or anything. Are they supposed to increase or hurt the #'s? I've never heard anything like that honestly.
I've always understood that the horsepower number would be higher from harder rubber- like the soft sidewalls of the slicks "absorb" some of power the wheels are putting to the rollers. I could be wrong, though....it would be interesting if someone did back-to-back pulls with street tires, identical tune, and see what changes and by how much.

That's F**king sick man, I just installed my HX-40 last weekend and love it even though I'm running only 10psi. There's a 8-blade HX-40 right ? I read somewhere on here about a super 40.

Yes there is an 8 blade but the 8 blade is the bottom of the barrel of the HX40s. The Super/Pros are the 6 and 7 blade versions with the 7 blade billet being the best of the best as far as the HX40s are concerened. Badass turbos for sure! Me and Justin are going to forcefeed one to Lucas at English racing and see what he can do with it.. LOL

Haha I'm at that track now running an 11.5 pass. First elimination pass I wet 11.7@107 lifting up top cause I was out in front. This is on low boost 25-28lbs to keep it slower than 11.5.

edit- ended up getting knocked out in the semifinals. I went 11.55@132 but the guy had a better reaction time so he won with an 11.7. It was a lot of fun though for my first event. My 3 elimination passes for the 11.5 class were 11.7,11.7,11.5 so I did pretty well just need to work on the pro tree a little bit.

Last edited:
Car went a best of 10.9 and best mph 140. Hx40 survived another night of racing, guess its ok to increase the boost back to what it was on the dyno.

Car went a best of 10.9 and best mph 140. Hx40 survived another night of racing, guess its ok to increase the boost back to what it was on the dyno.

haha thanks for towing the car and videoing!

Overall Im happy with the car getting faster but think there is more in both the ET and MPH. Being FWD I have to run low boost in 1st and 2nd gear. I need to start focusing on the suspension a little bit to leave harder.

Here is a little better pick of the dyno sheet
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The time slips from tonight..

Congrats to the OP! That is just plain crazy!! Who'd have thought this was possible 6 years ago?

Thx for posting the dyno sheet. Looks like the power of a 35r car for a fraction of the cost, nice work.

Im running your turbo now with a billet 7 blade wheel. Its the longest lasting hx40 Ive had yet LOL

Good luck with your car!

COOL! Hey 10.9 that says enough for me! id like to pull a 10.9 on my 7 blade HX35 T/S though, are you running a welded front diff?

COOL! Hey 10.9 that says enough for me! id like to pull a 10.9 on my 7 blade HX35 T/S though, are you running a welded front diff?

I went 10.9 with my hx35 too with a stock tranny open diff LOL

Now I have a rebuilt tranny wavetrac LSD and the hx40 still running 10.90's. My clutch isn't holding the power though at the top of 3rd and doesnt like to go into 2nd if I try NLTS. Got to look into that soon.

I went 10.9 with my hx35 too with a stock tranny open diff LOL

Now I have a rebuilt tranny wavetrac LSD and the hx40 still running 10.90's. My clutch isn't holding the power though at the top of 3rd and doesnt like to go into 2nd if I try NLTS. Got to look into that soon.

Sweet! im on a stock, open diff trans. i gotta get some stock wheels and get the same tires you have. im just gonna copy you LOL. i have to hook up my NLTS still

what size tires are you rocking on those stockers?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17431/ ???

tubes?

Sweet! im on a stock, open diff trans. i gotta get some stock wheels and get the same tires you have. im just gonna copy you LOL. i have to hook up my NLTS still

what size tires are you rocking on those stockers?
Hoosier Racing Tire 17431 - Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Tires - Overview - SummitRacing.com ???

tubes?

haha ya those are the tires I run. I am pretty much maxing them out at this power level. I cant run high boost till the back half of the track really.

Stop ####ing around and put some slicks on it already.

p.s. wheres my video? LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back