The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Holset 654hp 618tq 40psi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still, completely nuts for a .55 a/r bep turbine housing and a compressor with less inducer than a gt35r. Looking forward to the track results!!! Damn proud to see good results from those that go off the beaten path. This is what the dsm community needs to remain thriving. You don't see a honda with such results using a holset :)

If you look at pics of his car and notice how he says he's got a Shearer manifold, you'll realize the turbo is not in a .55 BEP housing, it's in a T3.
(unless my eyes are playing tricks on me)

I think you're doing really well, keep up the good work! Maybe make some passes on street tires until you've got the drivetrain beefed up (if that's not already done). Although you made a ton more power than my 464whp/464wtq, the power curve on our dyno sheets looks very similar. I haven't had the time or money to play with mine yet, but I'm pretty sure there's a good amount of power being lost up top do to the cam selection and stock head porting (I'm also on HKS 272's and stock port head). Next time I'd like to try some FP 4R's and play with the cam and ignition timing on the dyno to see if I can't get it to carry the power higher in the power band. Just food for thought as you're obviously doing quite well already :)

Correct men if I'm wrong badman21. But, he used to have a gt3076r. Those are the pics of it then. That is not an hx40 compressor housing in the picture. Since then, he found a t3 .55 a/r bep housing which was made several years ago.

***Edit: Hey turbosharky, can you just upload a fresh pic to put what seams to be a possible debate to rest? The turbine housing in your photos don't look like any BEP housing made because they apparently arn't of the hx40 setup. . .

RE-Edit: The issue is for those that want to run the bolton housing. whether or not the BEP .55 a/r is enough for this kind of results,. Thats all :)

Last edited:
Here's his pic of the .55 a/r housing. Click. Looks like mine accept for vband change over welded on and t3 inlet option that WAS available a while back. . .

Looks like one to me here with a modified outlet. . . clicky

What was. What is: clicky. You now see the housing to which you are refering ;)

. . . He's running the BEP .55 a/r housing.

OP, can you please clarify what size the turbine housing is. It sure looks like a .70a/r BEP housing. We'll be changing a customers HX40 setup out of its FP manifold/BEP .55a/r housing (Mitsubishi Flanged) this season so I'm very interested to know exactly what you're cooking with there...

Its a .55ar bep housing not a .70 ar you could also tell by the early response and the drop off on top not to mention that the turbo is maxed out surprisingly the turbo manage to run 48psi thats where the torque was at 655. But we are going to leave it at 40psi where it made 671hp 610tq. The is very streetable I have been on this engine for 4years now and at this point i just want to go to the track once i get the rear diff cover and rear axles. Any question or pics you want me to take just shoot. Also check out my youtube channel turbosharky7254. Remember Its the t3 flanged .55 ar not the dsm flanged .55ar

I understand but what people don't understand hp is hp going down the track has to do with traction and power to weight. I saw mr peepers pass that was a 1.5 60 foot he is a good driver i am not. My second pass at the track was 11.5 @130 2.0 sixty foot. I was at the buschur shootout this year and saw 16g cars run low 10s with almost nothing it them.

Right, but what I'm saying is even if you went a 1.30 60', your trap speed wouldn't change. You would just have a better ET at the same MPH. MPH is determined by HP and weight.

Your no light weight for sure. I'm not saying you should be trapping 150. Just that 134 is on the low side. A clean pass on a 660-680hp car should be trapping a bit higher from what I've seen. Your clutch may have been slipping with all that TQ! :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back