The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New to the DSM world

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anferny22

Probationary Member
Sep 12, 2011
Burlington, Iowa
So im new to the DSM world and just bought a 1997 eclipse RS and believe i screwed myself because it has a 420a and now i cant do anything to the engine but intake and stuff like that if anyone knows of a 4g motor thats for sale or know anyone who has one for sale please let me know thanks

You should check out what some 420A folk on here have done. They have turned them into pure beast. I've seen 420A's that could do circles around 4g63's.... Just depends on who's building it, what mod's you build it up with and how well it's tuned. I love my 4G63 and wouldn't trade it.... but i'm just saying that it is possible to make a very decent and fast 420A.

Absolutely, check out this thread at the link below here:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm...red-questions/272662-first-modifications.html

It basically describes what the first mods should be for your ride, which i agree with totally, Intake and exhaust. How efficiently your getting air in and out of your engine is major.

here's a link below to a thread with a cool collection of 420A videos you can check out. If you see something you like, don't hesitate to send a fellow N/T guy a PM to ask for guidance, do some searches or post some more specific questions with what exactly your looking to achieve next.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/420a-bolt-tech/265817-420a-videos.html

Good luck man with your ride, enjoy it! :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back