The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2nd Annual April Spool's Day Meet; April 2nd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redleader36

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2004
Clear Lake, Iowa
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That time of year has come for the 2nd Annual April Spool's Day Meet. Since the Subaru guys crashed our party last year, this is a joint meet from the beginning! We will be meeting at Bennigans in Urbandale at 1pm. There will be a cruise to follow as we travel to a few local spots for photo opportunities. The optional last stop on the cruise will be the abandoned Heartland Truck warehouse in Coralville where we will crash the Iowa City Car Club meet on the same day. (I realize the 2 hour drive might not appeal to everyone)

Bring cameras, and an Appetite!

Ames guys can meet up at the west side of the Duff Wal-Mart parking lot at about 12 noon.

Make sure to tell all your DSM and Subaru friends!
I hope to see a few of you guys there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to hit up Ames first just like old times!!

So I will definitely be attending!

Are you guys planning to eat at Bennigans or just meet there? Also, when are you guys planning to head to IC? I'm not gonna be making that part of the trip, but figured if anyone else thought that was a bit out of the way, that we could split off and head to the BWW in DSM off of Merle Hay. Thoughts?

The plan is to eat at Bennigans and head out for a decent cruise before the guys want to depart for IC. I will probably not among the guys going to IC, but a bunch of the Subie kids still want to go. I have to drive 2 hours just to get to Ankeny, so i am going to call it quits after the cruise.

ill be there, in my bagged venge, not the boosted one.. its currently down.. getting painted and im finishing up the 2.4 swap hehehe

Well do you have a time frame? What time are people going to be heading off to IC? 3, 4, 5, 6? If they are gonna head out at 3 for example, I'll probably just plan on eating at BWW after that and not at bennigans, if anyone else wants to join. Just trying to see what the possibilities are.

So i just got an update on the IC meet. It is not at B-dubs. Its actually at an abandoned Heartland Truck warehouse. They are meeting at 5 and will probably be going to the Coralville B-dubs later on in the evening.

As for us, i would suspect we would cruise for a while after Bennigans, and the guys would take off for IC/Coralville at about 4 . . i am guessing.

If you guys wanted to head to Merle Hay B-dubs after the guys leave for IC, I wouldn't mind. I just am hesitant to hit 2 restaurants in one afternoon :p I am sure Laser and CMSpaz won't be going to IC either. Maybe they would want to hit up B-dubs as well?

So i just got an update on the IC meet. It is not at B-dubs. Its actually at an abandoned Heartland Truck warehouse. They are meeting at 5 and will probably be going to the Coralville B-dubs later on in the evening.

As for us, i would suspect we would cruise for a while after Bennigans, and the guys would take off for IC/Coralville at about 4 . . i am guessing.

If you guys wanted to head to Merle Hay B-dubs after the guys leave for IC, I wouldn't mind. I just am hesitant to hit 2 restaurants in one afternoon :p I am sure Laser and CMSpaz won't be going to IC either. Maybe they would want to hit up B-dubs as well?

i have to go anyway since i sold my engine to a guy over there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back