The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

oil in intake from the turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GsxEcutioner

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2007
San Bruno, California
So after getting my boost problem all fixed and using another turbo, I find oil in the Intake, when I mash on the car cloud of white.blue smoke comes out only Under boost. other than that its fine for DD, anyways I dont have the breather connected to the intake anymore so its oil coming from the inlet of the turbo. yes I see it and feel it when I take the tract off. Anyways can the pressure from my feed line (connected to the oil filter housing) cause the oil to spray through the seals? do you think it will stop if I refeed it from the head??? Thanks
-Shane

btw no shaft play.

I believe its normal to have a small amount of oil in the intake, but how much oil you think its coming out? maybe check the intercooler for a buildup of oil in there.. I'd imagine if there was a lot, it could also reduce the effectiveness of the intercooler and lead to other problems.. just a thought

Maybe take a look in the downpipe for fresh oil there also.. I suppose oil could leak out the turbine shaft seal and make smoke also.. boost pressure in the crankcase could push the oil past the seals and get burned up in the exhaust.. I'm not an expert but these are my thoughts.

Poor crankcase ventilation as well as excessive incoming oil pressure will both result in too much oil being held in the center housing of the turbo. Failure to repair this will eventually ruin the journal bearings.

It's much more common for oil to blow past the turbine seal and into the exhaust than through the compressor seal and into the intake as the thrust plate prevents high pressure oil from being sprayed directly at the compressor collar. I'd imagine the smoke you're seeing is a result of oil being burnt on the turbine side more than the compressor side.

Moving the oil supply to the head using a 1G oil supply line will most likely remedy your smoking issue as this is the line and oil source that the TD05H center housing was designed to be used in conjunction with.

Poor crankcase ventilation as well as excessive incoming oil pressure will both result in too much oil being held in the center housing of the turbo. Failure to repair this will eventually ruin the journal bearings.

It's much more common for oil to blow past the turbine seal and into the exhaust than through the compressor seal and into the intake as the thrust plate prevents high pressure oil from being sprayed directly at the compressor collar. I'd imagine the smoke you're seeing is a result of oil being burnt on the turbine side more than the compressor side.

Moving the oil supply to the head using a 1G oil supply line will most likely remedy your smoking issue as this is the line and oil source that the TD05H center housing was designed to be used in conjunction with.
I have. ss line from the turbo to he oil filter housing, also my head isn't capped off the breather valve is routed to the port on my tb itself , two ports are capped off the P is used for my boost gauge and the E??? Is connected to the breather on the head..... Yes I have some oil in my ic pipe but then again if you look at my old post my turbine in the exhaust side blew and oil was eerywhere, this is happened on this turbo and the previous
-Shane
btw I see the smoke coming out of unde the hood as well when mashing on it. Smells weird

Sounds like the turbo is pooping the bed and on it's last days like mine.

Rule #5: Posting Threads and Replies

* No bumping threads (replying to your thread in an effort to get more exposure without posting additional information). If you do not receive a reply to your question, reply to your thread with additional information that might help others answer your question easier. Do not just reply to the thread repeating the same request for help. Thread bumps will be removed by the Moderators.

Why are you bumping if your oil feed is still at the filter housing?

Rule #5: Posting Threads and Replies

* No bumping threads (replying to your thread in an effort to get more exposure without posting additional information). If you do not receive a reply to your question, reply to your thread with additional information that might help others answer your question easier. Do not just reply to the thread repeating the same request for help. Thread bumps will be removed by the Moderators.

Why are you bumping if your oil feed is still at the filter housing?
I bumped because I added a few variables that noone replied to, yes there was NEW items added before the bump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back