The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

FP V-Band Downpipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1tgalon

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Olathe, Kansas
I just recently bought a 3065 and it has the 3" V-band o2 housing. I have looked around for a downpipe that would work with an FP v-band o2 housing but I can't find anything. Do you just have to get a V-Band flange and some piping and go at it with a welder or is there a vendor out there that makes one that could work? If anybody has some setups of what they did for there 3" v-band downpipe it would be appreciated if you could share them. Thanks in advance.

I started to make the downpipe myself. Everything is going pretty well except the FP o2 housing uses a thinner style v-band flange than the ones I have. If anybody has built one before what type and where did you buy your v-band flanges.

Forced performance makes a 2.5" or 3" o2 housing that is a very nice stainless piece. It v-bands on and it accepts a stock type downpipe. Obviously with that turbo you would be hopefully running a 3" dp but almost anybody's 3" dp should bolt up right to the other side. Otherwise if you wanna do your own you should order the v-band they sell so it mates up . I am a dealer for them so let me know if you need anything as I am glad to help

Wayne

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

yeah i bought the FP o2 housing kind of pricey but it made the install quick and easy. but if your going to buy it just go the external dump option because to have it rerouted i was quoted about 600+ from FP

Forced performance makes a 2.5" or 3" o2 housing that is a very nice stainless piece. It v-bands on and it accepts a stock type downpipe. Obviously with that turbo you would be hopefully running a 3" dp but almost anybody's 3" dp should bolt up right to the other side. Otherwise if you wanna do your own you should order the v-band they sell so it mates up . I am a dealer for them so let me know if you need anything as I am glad to help

Wayne
Wayne, that is only true with the 2.5" housing, OP has the 3" housing which requires a 3" v-band DP.

1tgalon said:
I started to make the downpipe myself. Everything is going pretty well except the FP o2 housing uses a thinner style v-band flange than the ones I have. If anybody has built one before what type and where did you buy your v-band flanges.
Have you called FP and ask them?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back