FP V-Band Downpipe

Posted by 1tgalon, Apr 4, 2007
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum.

1. 1tgalon

1tgalon Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Olathe, Kansas
    I just recently bought a 3065 and it has the 3" V-band o2 housing. I have looked around for a downpipe that would work with an FP v-band o2 housing but I can't find anything. Do you just have to get a V-Band flange and some piping and go at it with a welder or is there a vendor out there that makes one that could work? If anybody has some setups of what they did for there 3" v-band downpipe it would be appreciated if you could share them. Thanks in advance.
  2. jrpmp69

jrpmp69 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Most people with v-band turbos get a downpipe or O2 housing custom made.
  3. boostedinaz

boostedinaz DSM Wiseman

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Yup.
  4. 1tgalon

1tgalon Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Olathe, Kansas
    I started to make the downpipe myself. Everything is going pretty well except the FP o2 housing uses a thinner style v-band flange than the ones I have. If anybody has built one before what type and where did you buy your v-band flanges.
  5. wt71gas

wt71gas Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Auburn, California
    Forced performance makes a 2.5" or 3" o2 housing that is a very nice stainless piece. It v-bands on and it accepts a stock type downpipe. Obviously with that turbo you would be hopefully running a 3" dp but almost anybody's 3" dp should bolt up right to the other side. Otherwise if you wanna do your own you should order the v-band they sell so it mates up . I am a dealer for them so let me know if you need anything as I am glad to help

Wayne

[​IMG]
  6. TrboANTsi

TrboANTsi Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    riverview, Florida
    yeah i bought the FP o2 housing kind of pricey but it made the install quick and easy. but if your going to buy it just go the external dump option because to have it rerouted i was quoted about 600+ from FP
  7. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Classifieds Rating:
    96.6%
    Dayton, New_Jersey
    Wayne, that is only true with the 2.5" housing, OP has the 3" housing which requires a 3" v-band DP.

Have you called FP and ask them?