The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G damaged motor mount bolt holes... Is this fixable? *pictures*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsubishikid

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2009
Turlock, California
I got my hands on a stock 4G63T 6 bolt block, but the lowest of the 2 bolt holes looks pretty badly damaged is this fixable?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
There is some threads on the upper section but the bottom has none visible any ideas?

That's where the front roll stop bolts to the engine on a 1G.

Everything is fixable. There is a fairly substantial section of the block missing for the lower bolt. The question you ought to be asking is if it is worth fixing? IMO, no.

The upside to this is that you could sell that block to a 2G guy and it technically wouldn't affect anything for them as far as bolting up and going. There may be a little concern with the integrity of the bolt hole for the transmission right there, but that is a much more manageable fix than what a 1G guy would need to do.

Id feel worse about it if I actually paid money for this motor, I got it from a friend free [because it was taking up space in his shed] along with a rebuild-able 14b and a 1g to 2g maf adapter for the precious project.

At the least the internals might still be good enough for another block i guess it never hurts to have spares LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back