The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Batmowheel HX40 Photo Shoot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JusMX141

Dec 13, 2005
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
New Bullseye Power compressor on the market which TalonDave shall be testing shortly. Before it's installed I figured I could snap some photos to help answer any questions that a potential buyer may have.

Notice that the compressor is indeed an extended tip unit by about 2mm (86mm backplate, 88mm tip-to-tip). The extended-tip BW turbos have a slightly larger tip measurement, but apparently this is as far as Bullseye could go on the HX40 while remaining a drop-in replacement. Also take notice in the difference in width (depth) between the new Batmowheel compressor and the 7-blade billet Holset compressor which is already proven to over 70 lb/min. ;)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• BMWHX40-1.jpg
    BMWHX40-1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 653
  • BMWHX40-2.jpg
    BMWHX40-2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 373
  • BMWHX40-3.jpg
    BMWHX40-3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 402
  • BMWHX40-4.jpg
    BMWHX40-4.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 371
  • BMWHX40-5.jpg
    BMWHX40-5.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 419
  • BMWHX40-6.jpg
    BMWHX40-6.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 392
  • BMWHX40-7.jpg
    BMWHX40-7.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 365
  • BMWHX40-8.jpg
    BMWHX40-8.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 381
  • BMWHX40-9.jpg
    BMWHX40-9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 385
  • BMWHX40-10.jpg
    BMWHX40-10.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 383
Wow pure SEX!!! My friend i got the 6776 off of just got the newer billet wheel version that replaced the one i got off him and those biller wheel turbos are such beatifull works of art you almost hate to put them on and let them face sucking anything past the filter or just erroding from use in general.

I sat and stared at it forever just mentally tracing out the route the CNC mill had to be making with all 5 axi and a ball end mill.. just strauight bad ass, sexy mo-fuggin turbo tech.. update us please!!

How much for the compressor wheel and where would you be able to purchase one, directly from Borgwarner/bullseye?

I assume the compressor housing dimensions is what this wheel is modeled and CNC'd to fit, just bolt on?

===edit..... does the extended inlet area make the surgeline closer to the usable pressure area, as well as changing the efficiency maps?

I would really like to see some type of % efficiency maps of these 'new' types of copycat aerotype wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will he be running this tomorrow?

No ..he wants to run 9's on the stock compressor wheel... he was not making as much boost at the Shootout as he was previously which resulted in a less MPH (we were fighting a boost controller issue which turned out to be a loose pin at the ECU) ... ..but the Transmission shifting like it should resulted in a bettet e.t. .... We are expecting 9's on the stock compressor and then I imagine deeper 9's with the new comp wheel and tweaking his fuel setup a bit

No ..he wants to run 9's on the stock compressor wheel... he was not making as much boost at the Shootout as he was previously which resulted in a less MPH (we were fighting a boost controller issue which turned out to be a loose pin at the ECU) ... ..but the Transmission shifting like it should resulted in a bettet e.t. .... We are expecting 9's on the stock compressor and then I imagine deeper 9's with the new comp wheel and tweaking his fuel setup a bit

That wheel just looks fast sitting there. I wouldn't be able to use that wheel if I had a hx40 though. ITs to shiney so I would want to put my finger in it while its spinning. And that wouldn't be good. These turbos already suck up small birds of prey and the ocassional infant or toddler on an hx52.

In all seriousness though it is truely a beautiful piece. it just looks like it can pull in and compress more air. I wonder what it will sound like at full spool. to bad the sound only last for 9 seconds at a time.

Will the cnc lines on the wheel help or hurt the performance of it?

I assume the compressor housing dimensions is what this wheel is modeled and CNC'd to fit, just bolt on?
Correct.
does the extended inlet area make the surgeline closer to the usable pressure area, as well as changing the efficiency maps?
No idea on the surge line, and I'm sure the efficiency is totally different.
Will he be running this tomorrow?
Doubtful considering it's still sitting at the shop.
deff want to see the results on this thing. I see a hybrid WH1E/C in the works for this thing.
You'd have to machine the H1E cover for this compressor to work since the thrust collar and compressor wheels are different widths on the H1 turbos versus the HX turbos.

Using this compressor with anything smaller than the HX40 turbine it's designed to be used with would be a complete waste of money.
Will the cnc lines on the wheel help or hurt the performance of it?
Doesn't seem to effect the performance on the factory HX40 wheels shown, or FP HTA and PTE HP turbos one bit.

Again, this thread was started with the intention of being a visual Q&A. I don't know anything more about the performance of this wheel than you guys do at this point.

The "waves" in the wheel actually increase surface area within the same area of the stock size. These wheels have been done for months, Im suprised it hasnt already been in a DSM. There is already proven results in work stock class diesel pullers.

No performance #'s or real comparison data? Oh boy, here comes the bandwagon!! Getting a running start... I'd better jump on fast so I can get a good seat.

Looks pretty though, even "give me airflow or I'll take it from you"-ier than the HTAs.

The "waves" in the wheel actually increase surface area within the same area of the stock size. These wheels have been done for months, Im suprised it hasnt already been in a DSM. There is already proven results in work stock class diesel pullers.

Can we see those? Are those airflow numbers with no changes to the motor/turbo save for the wheel itself? How does this compare to HTA technology, as far as changes in machining/design from original, and expected results/reasoning? Is this pretty much the equivilent of an HTA wheel or is there something different going on here?

Last edited:
No performance #'s or real comparison data? Oh boy, here comes the bandwagon!! Getting a running start... I'd better jump on fast so I can get a good seat.

Looks pretty though, even "give me airflow or I'll take it from you"-ier than the HTAs.

Are those airflow numbers with no changes to the motor/turbo save for the wheel itself? How does this compare to HTA technology, as far as changes in machining/design from original, and expected results/reasoning? Is this pretty much the equivilent of an HTA wheel or is there something different going on here?
We're going to have back-to-back results for you comparing the airflow and performance to the Batmowheel to the regular cast 6-blade HX40 wheel shortly. No need to make assumptions based on questions that there are currently no answers for.

There are no back to back results on a dsm, correct, but as far as the question of airflow without doing anything but the wheel swap, there are answers as the wheel alone has outperformed the stock wheel in every app it has been tested on in real world dyno and competition areas.

How much for the compressor wheel and where would you be able to purchase one, directly from Borgwarner/bullseye?

Unlike other "Bat" applications through Bullseye these wheels are available seperately.

The one in the pic looks like the one on the talon that's been sitting in my garage for the last month. it sure is purdy.

Wait till you see the one i'm carving out of a piece of drift wood. it's just gonna change the turbocharged world!!!!!!!! :D

God that thing is sexy as hell, I think I might have to call for a price on this before they sky rocket. Dont have an hx40 but it could be in the works at some point, you never know;) Might as well have this wheel just in caseLOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back