The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

lean with 680cc injectors... why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostedgsx95

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2009
Topeka, Kansas
I just dropped in a motor in my 2g GST, i had to do swap out at my cousins which is about an hour away, i accendently grabbed my PTE 680cc injectors instead of factory, and i have dsmlink v-2, so i had to make the drive home with factory dead times and global bc i did not have my computer with me.. i get home and pull plugs expecting to see black from really rich.. well they're actually all white, white would mean really lean right? im scared to set settings like im suppose to if plugs are showing really lean already and im going to progress the problem by taking more fuel away right? any help would be great!

Thanks

Get a wideband and stop guessing your a/fs. But yes, you would expect the car to run rich on stock deadtimes and global with 680s

Fix your deadtimes first. If you have PTE 680s, your fuel pressure should be set at 43.5psi instead of stock levels as that's how PTE gets their flow ratings up an extra 30cc.

Actually, most injectors are tested at 3 BAR, 43.5psi. PTE gets their "680cc" figure by taking the info Delphi gives them, "65lb/hr injector", and multiplying it times 10.5 to convert lbs/hr to cc/min. The problem is that the Delphi 65 lb/hr is not rated at 43.5psi, from what I can tell. Its more like 49psi, or 3.5 BAR. Either that, or they are testing it with a different test fluid, to give a higher rating. Either way, I'm sure that PTE sells more injectors than FIC because of their erroneous rating system.
They typically flow ~640cc when tested at the industry standard 43.5psi, so I recommend setting your Global Fuel to -29.9%, and a deadtime somewhere between 210uS and 270uS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back