1. EXPECT DELAYS! We'll be performing some routine system updates this week. Plan for some intermittent site outages. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you notice anything broken, post a thread in the Site Feedback forum please.

lean with 680cc injectors... why?

Posted by boostedgsx95, Mar 21, 2010
Tuning & Engine Management - 4G63 EPROMS, ECU, MAF, knock, EGT, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc. Read this Forum's Strict Guidelines.

1. boostedgsx95

boostedgsx95 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I just dropped in a motor in my 2g GST, i had to do swap out at my cousins which is about an hour away, i accendently grabbed my PTE 680cc injectors instead of factory, and i have dsmlink v-2, so i had to make the drive home with factory dead times and global bc i did not have my computer with me.. i get home and pull plugs expecting to see black from really rich.. well they're actually all white, white would mean really lean right? im scared to set settings like im suppose to if plugs are showing really lean already and im going to progress the problem by taking more fuel away right? any help would be great!

Thanks

2. toofast82

toofast82 Proven Member

Tinley Park, Illinois
    Get a wideband and stop guessing your a/fs. But yes, you would expect the car to run rich on stock deadtimes and global with 680s

3. boostedgsx95

DSM Profiles:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have a wideband it's a innovate lc-1 that's wired into ecu with no gauge but my computer is broke so I can't read my wideband. So why wouldn't it be running rich?

4. dsmfa9nutter

dsmfa9nutter Proven Member

Nowhere, Wisconsin
    Fix your deadtimes first. If you have PTE 680s, your fuel pressure should be set at 43.5psi instead of stock levels as that's how PTE gets their flow ratings up an extra 30cc.

5. jeffo

jeffo Proven Member

Hobe Sound, Florida
    Actually, most injectors are tested at 3 BAR, 43.5psi. PTE gets their "680cc" figure by taking the info Delphi gives them, "65lb/hr injector", and multiplying it times 10.5 to convert lbs/hr to cc/min. The problem is that the Delphi 65 lb/hr is not rated at 43.5psi, from what I can tell. Its more like 49psi, or 3.5 BAR. Either that, or they are testing it with a different test fluid, to give a higher rating. Either way, I'm sure that PTE sells more injectors than FIC because of their erroneous rating system.
    They typically flow ~640cc when tested at the industry standard 43.5psi, so I recommend setting your Global Fuel to -29.9%, and a deadtime somewhere between 210uS and 270uS.

6. boostedgsx95

DSM Profiles:
    Topeka, Kansas
    ok thanks, i will set those settings in the morning, i got the computer fixed so that shouldnt be a problem!