The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

S-AFC Throttle Position Sensor Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Besso

Probationary Member
Oct 13, 2004
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
So basically the AFC is showing 5.124V all the time when the throttle is either open or closed. It is set right to 4cyl. and the ^ up arrow for the throttle. My logger shows the correct throttle position and the right wires have been connected and re-checked. Any ides?

it's been hooked up for a while now. Wiring has also been totally torn down and re-dun by somebody else with no luck. I could check the actual voltage of the wire with a multi-meter.

The arrow should be pointing in the North East direction. Does the TPS value on the SAFC change as you drive? Keep in mind, that the SAFC's TPS value is not going to be correct. When you drive the car, the TPS sends a voltage to the ECU indicating throttle position. Since the SAFC has no reference value for TPS percentages, it assumes that the lowest voltage it "sees" is 0% and the highest voltage is 100%.

So it's very common to see an actual TPS value (on the logger) of 90%, but the SAFC still reads 100%. Never go by the SAFC, always the logger.

The sensor check screen on the SAFC will display the measured voltages on the various inputs.
I assumed that where the OP was getting the voltages reported since it's wasn't specified as percentages.

Yea, the arrow is positioned in the north east direction and the sensor check shows 5.124 all the time, no matter where the throttle is. Which makes the AFC think that you are in WOT even at idle. There are no other wire that could be tapped near the ecu that would show a 5v value, right?

I'm pretty sure that it says 1992 Galant VR-4 :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back