The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Datalogger MMCD, Wideband input??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titogs95

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2004
Valencia - Vene, South_America
I am using MMCD Version 1.8G...
In one of the sensor reading I have options like WB02, EGT, MAP, OIL T, FUEL......
So what I am wondering is if I get a Wideband like PLX. And I am wondering if I can input the reading of the Wideband into my logger. Either using the EGR T input or something else. What other input sensors can I use? Where do I plug it?

Here is a related link but didn't answer my question.

Thanks in advance,
Tito

Thanks, It gave me the Idea of Burn a function in the CHIP wich remplace my Narroband for a Wideband instead..... It can be done (the guy who burn the chip told me) but Now I have to figure out the wiring... :confused:

For future reference:
If you are using MMCD 1.8G, You need to go to: Options> Preference>
Once you are in preference, You will see a the word EGRT next to it you can choose what value you are going to input. values like: 3.0 Bar, 2.5Bar, 2.0Bar, WBO2, EGRT & 0-5V.
Then all you need to do is Hook up the wire into the EGRT place. (I Think this is for Federal cars only, because CAlifornia cars may fail Emission :blahblah: )

NEW Problem...
I Finally got a WIDEBAND from PLX.....
I am using MMCD tool to download the logging. But, My problem is that it keep showing up as a EGR-TEMPERATURE instead of 0-5V from the wideband, Does any body has a Formula to convert it back to 0-5V or to AFR?
In my datalogger is in AFR or 0-5V, it is the mmcd Tool that keep converting it back to EGRT :mad:

TIA

Nobody knows? Wiseman?
Anyway, does anybody know to whom I can email for Info? (whoever created this)
I tried to email to [email protected] (in is in the web site above). But the email is no longer working...
All I am wondering is at what Voltage certain Temperature has to be so I can come up with a formula. What is the heat range of the EGRT.....
Please Help me...

Anyone using there MMCD to log their wideband and how do you like it? Since I already have a palm seems alot cheaper to log with it on there

Well I can log it and I like it so far. My only issue is that I can't transfer my A/F datat to my PC because it keep reading it as a EGR temperature. Other than that, It is great.

Soon, I will find a way to convert the data back to Voltage. As soon as I find out how much "x" temperature is in Voltage.

Hell yeah it is a cheap way....

so it converts the 0-5v signal from the wideband to afr on the logger you just cant read that on the pc? Aslong as it converts it on the logger I should be ok with that for now. Thanks

93jdmlaser said:
so it converts the 0-5v signal from the wideband to afr on the logger you just cant read that on the pc? Aslong as it converts it on the logger I should be ok with that for now. Thanks
Yeah for Now I can read it (it is not that hard to read) on the Logger as a A/F ratio or 0-5V.
But when I transfer the log to Excel. It convert the data automatically to Temperature. When I find a way to fix it. I will post it.

Does the MMcD already have the built in scale to show the AFR from say 10:1 - 18:1? Or is it just showing the voltage output?

1SloColt said:
Does the MMcD already have the built in scale to show the AFR from say 10:1 - 18:1? Or is it just showing the voltage output?
Yes. Boths!
0-5V = 8.0 - 22.0 AFR

Link (Scroll down until it say SUMMARY OF CHANGES)

titogs95 said:
Yeah for Now I can read it (it is not that hard to read) on the Logger as a A/F ratio or 0-5V.
But when I transfer the log to Excel. It convert the data automatically to Temperature. When I find a way to fix it. I will post it.
Finally, I got around doing a little table converting the numbers (EGR-T) to A/F ratio. I got it by reading it directly from my PDA. I kept changing between A/f ratio to EGR-T (Numeral) (It is an option in the MMCD software).

This is what I came up with. I hope it help for the future....

It is not perfect but it should do the Job.
LINK deleted. It won't Work.

titogs95 said:
Finally, I got around doing a little table converting the numbers (EGR-T) to A/F ratio. I got it by reading it directly from my PDA. I kept changing between A/f ratio to EGR-T (Numeral) (It is an option in the MMCD software).

This is what I came up with. I hope it help for the future....

It is not perfect but it should do the Job.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Since the mmcdTools is open source, I am in the process of changing some of those things so they show correctly in excel when it is converted.

I cant remember any of my programming stuff, so I have to have my roommate fix some of the programming errors in the posted src code.

sbiggi said:
Since the mmcdTools is open source, I am in the process of changing some of those things so they show correctly in excel when it is converted.

I cant remember any of my programming stuff, so I have to have my roommate fix some of the programming errors in the posted src code.
Cool. That is a better solution for the problem.

Keep me updated.

So it reads a perfect afr on your logger then right? also do i just follow his dsmtalk write up to the dot but hook up a wide band instead of a pressure sensor? also what about the LM-1? does it have inputs to plug into my ecu so my palm can read it? is this evne how i do it?

thanks
david

Sorry to bring this thread up from the grave but is there a way to change the scale for the wideband on MMCD. My problem is that my LC-1 is alittle off from the MMCD scale. The AFR is not converted quite right. I could change the output of the wideband but I dont have a laptop right now. I would much rather change the MMCD scale. Any help would rock.

Sorry to bring this thread up from the grave but is there a way to change the scale for the wideband on MMCD. My problem is that my LC-1 is alittle off from the MMCD scale. The AFR is not converted quite right. I could change the output of the wideband but I dont have a laptop right now. I would much rather change the MMCD scale. Any help would rock.

yeah. I wish there is an easy way through MMCD.

Something you can do is measure it by the 0-5 Volts. then calculate the A/R from Lc-1 website (2 page)
The default analog outputs are as follows: Analog output one (yellow) is 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15 AFR. This is a simulated narrowband signal. Analog output two (brown) is setup as 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR.

Per example=
2.5V should be 14.87

BRAINSTORM:
Something I saw in the Chilton book, is that EGR Temperature (In california's car) input is a variable resistance.
I wish I know what are the range values of the sensor.
According to MMCD is this -2.7x + 597.7 in F

As I said early in the thread: what volts are equal to what Temperature or raw data, to do an easy conversion formula.

BTW the part number is MD131905

yeah. I wish there is an easy way through MMCD.

Something you can do is measure it by the 0-5 Volts. then calculate the A/R from Lc-1 website (2 page)

Per example=
2.5V should be 14.87

BRAINSTORM:
Something I saw in the Chilton book, is that EGR Temperature (In california's car) input is a variable resistance.
I wish I know what are the range values of the sensor.
According to MMCD is this -2.7x + 597.7 in F

As I said early in the thread: what volts are equal to what Temperature or raw data, to do an easy conversion formula.

BTW the part number is MD131905

Do you have any idea what the MMCD voltage-AFR formula is? I could program my analog output on my lc-1 to match the MMCD formula.

Do you have any idea what the MMCD voltage-AFR formula is? I could program my analog output on my lc-1 to match the MMCD formula.

New 0-5V = 8.0 - 22.0 AFR
According to this

Just to update the above voltage is right on for the 1.8g program. I reprogrammed my output from my wideband and it works perfect. Afr's are right on the money. Should be easier to tune now.

Update: After researching in the 3si forums. I found this useful formulas:
Posted by cbatters
3 BAR
BAR = (ADC * 0.0117647) +.1
PSI = (ADC * 0.17063258 - 13.0534

2.5 BAR
BAR = (ADC * 0.0098039) +.1
PSI = (ADC * 0.142193511) - 13.0534

2.0 BAR
BAR = (ADC * 0.0078431) +.1
PSI = (ADC * 0.113755059) - 13.0534

Wideband (0-255 counts = 10-20 AF)
AF = (ADC * .03921569) + 10

scaled voltage = raw count * 5.0 / 255

ADC means raw data from the EGRT

How are you guys connecting the wideband gage to pass data to the palm logger? I saw that it was mentioned that you can do it but didnt see anywhere showing how. Do you run the out put plug wires from the gage such as (autometer or ngk) and splice in somewhere on the ecu wires or the datalogger cable???

Also you guys talk about using the egt input can you rig it to use the wbo2 input in the mmpc logger program where its supposed to be? Or do you just use the egt input spot and change its name and function in the logger? A write up or sticky on this subject would be great as a lot of people use the palmlogger and if you could just add a "cheaper" wideband gage like the autometer it would be great! Besides I could just upgrade from my autometer narrow band gage.

Thanks much.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back