The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1g talon alittle smoke at idle more with boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwd4g63tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
hazlet, New_Jersey
ok heres my problem i have a 1990 talon fwd tsi it smokes alittle at idle (blue tint) and when i accelerate it gets worse especialy after i hit boost i just bought the car and the kid said the pistons and rings were changed at 160k there 200k on it now i checked the turbo nd its dry on exhaust and intake side nd no shaft play.

thanks in advance for any help.
oh and im kinda new to dsms so take it easy with the dsm lingo LOL.

ok heres my problem i have a 1990 talon fwd tsi it smokes alittle at idle (blue tint) and when i accelerate it gets worse especialy after i hit boost i just bought the car and the kid said the pistons and rings were changed at 160k there 200k on it now i checked the turbo nd its dry on exhaust and intake side nd no shaft play.

thanks in advance for any help.
oh and im kinda new to dsms so take it easy with the dsm lingo LOL.
well people can say everything to sell a car.

Check the compression
Do a leak down test
Check the PCV valve

pcv valve is new. whats a leak down test, and i did a compression test and it was wierd it show 100 across all cylinders nd held pressure i was told it should be between 160 and 180 but if i was realy that low i heard i wouldnt have any power

pcv valve is new. whats a leak down test, and i did a compression test and it was wierd it show 100 across all cylinders nd held pressure i was told it should be between 160 and 180 but if i was realy that low i heard i wouldnt have any power

Looks like your rings are on a way out.the service limit is 124. so 100 psi across the board ,is way to low,and thats why you see the blue smoke comin out of the tailpipe

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back