The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Timing Belt replacement in N.E.Pa.??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking to get my belt replaced in the next couple days.....anyone have shop suggestions? I'm near the scranton/wilkes-barre area.

Do it yourself and save yourself a bunch of money. It's really not hard to do. :thumb:

These two links will tell you virtually everything you need to know:

http://www.geocities.com/eclipsed4evr98/Timingbeltprocedure.html

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/rebuild.html

You'll want to replace your pulleys and probably your water pump while your at it. You may also want to replace the tensioner. You can easily spend a couple hundred in parts alone so it might be worth doing/learning on your own. I was deathly afraid of doing my own timing belt for fear of ####ing up the timing, but once I did it, I realized it's rather easy, albeit a bit time consuming your first time.
 
^i hear ya on the work thing, i get some crazy hours. And I don't know why I thought you had a 2gnt when your info says you have an awd 1g, guess my links are useless
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top