The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

In need of Electrical help BAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseGst1992

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2009
Stevensville, Maryland
Someone broke into my car and stole my ecu....
Instead of unplugging it they cut my harness....Dicks.
So now i bought an end of a harness but i guess nothing is easy and the wires off the plugs of the ecu look messed up and taped up. I need to wire my cut harness and the harness connectors up but i need some help... so far i have this

http://www.dsmlink.com/images/forums/2GECUPinout.pdf

but i think i see some wires that are not in that diagram. And also can anyone tell me whats up with the black wires coming out of the bottom off the tape on my ecu plugs??? anyone

could be a signal wire for a gauge,safc or something like that but this is not my strongest thing with cars

im attempting to upload pics its just not working right now.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

UP CLOSE

WIRES WRAPPED IN GREEN

1 ECU PLUG

BLACK WIRES COMING FROM TAPE ON 1 ECU PLUG

2 ECU PLUG

3 ECU PLUG

4 ECU PLUG

ALL TOGETHER

It will be alot of work, but be sure to use quality connections. Solder the wires together and use 'shrink tubing around the connection. This way, you will not question YOUR workmanship if things don't work right away.

The two black wires coming from the grey taped wires are connected to the cable 'shield' of the two O2 Sensors. The O2 sensors use a two-conductor shielded cable (green jacketed cable). These wires get connected to Chassis Ground. (In your pics of the wires left in the car seem to show the two black wires right above the Green Shielded cables...I would guess these are where you would connect them (Using a meter, they should be "chassis ground"). The black wires inside the green cables do not connect to the ECU, they are grounded else where in the vehicle. The white wire are the sensor inputs to the ECU. You will see another black wire going under the grey tape which connects to the "sensor ground' pin of the ECU.

BTW, mine had the same grey taped wires, and I thought it was hacked up...but this is how the factory did the splicing of the cable shields to the ECU...

I will try to post wiring diagrams for these cables, maybe this will help....Good luck.

Here are the wiring diagrams...

In the wiring diagrams, you will see the black wires (to the sensor shields) connect to Ground #10. These pics show where this is located....Good Luck!!

Attachments

• ECU Sensor wiring 2.gif
    ECU Sensor wiring 2.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 56
  • ECU Sensor wiring.gif
    ECU Sensor wiring.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 65
  • B connectors.gif
    B connectors.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 55
  • chassis ground pic.gif
    chassis ground pic.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 118
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back