The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Comment on Clutch Fork Position (new everything)*pics*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artago

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2006
North Vancouver, BC_Canada
Why don't you just ask jack?

But here's some confirmation, yours looks great.

RRE's Clutch And Flywheel Tech Info
(all the way at bottom)

TRE TECH TIPS
The clutch fork should be either in the center of the square hole or preferably just towards the slave cylinder. The photo below shows the clutch fork that needs a shim washer installed under the pivot ball.
I don't know how they missed this. Surely this contradiction is a typo.

***Wait, your saying Jack shimmed it? And for whatever reason you question it... but you question it on DSMtuners? ...wow dude, you fall off the stupid truck or something?

I like more than one source of information. Be it Jack or anyone else. I'm NOT questioning Jack or calling him out. I just wanted a second opinion. Jack has been nothing but great to me. He's helped me out a lot on various threads. I'll be posting a review of the trans he built for me when it's all up and running. Thanks for your input.

Edit: It may seem OCD of me but I always like to get multiple sources of info.

Okay then. My apologies sir.

Crap. Yeah that fork position means nothing if it's not bolted to the engine. Fork rests against tob, tob against pressure plate. Take out all the slack by pushing fork over towards trans and that's the judgment. Read those links.

Correction. The tranny is bolted up to the engine on a bench. The pic was taken with the TOB resting against the pressure plate.

I see now. Is the starter plate installed between the trans bell housing and engine? All bolts in to close any gaps?

Long as the fork arm is not too close to pressure plate, that's perfect IMHO.

I see now. Is the starter plate installed between the trans bell housing and engine? All bolts in to close any gaps?

Long as the fork arm is not too close to pressure plate, that's perfect IMHO.

Plate is in. Bolts are torqued down. She's doing in, in the next few days.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back