The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Worth picking this up? 92 Tsi FWD (What's that sound?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valestrom

Probationary Member
Mar 8, 2013
Didsbury, AB_Canada
There's a guy selling a Tsi FWD, offered it to me for $1000 because of a couple issues it has. What do you guys think 260k kilos on it. I can't quite tell what the issue is, someone took a video for me and I can't pick out what's making the awful sound in the video. Here's a link to it. If anyone has ideas, that would be sweet. Also just want opinions on if it's worth it or not. Only mods I know that are on it is it's running a turbo going 14-17 psi with a Greddy BOV.

Here's a link to the video I just uploaded of it.

Dsmtuners post (Valestrom) **What's that Sound?** - YouTube

could be a lifter tick. not shure if i would buy it though honestly, the seller is basically saying it needs alot of work so just emagine what it actually needs. i would try to get him to a lower price if your actually serious.

could be a lifter tick. not shure if i would buy it though honestly, the seller is basically saying it needs alot of work so just emagine what it actually needs. i would try to get him to a lower price if your actually serious.

Don't quite get how it could be lifter noise on an engine without lifters.

sounds like lifter tick, my car had it pretty bad, but after a overhaul it sounds fine. you can try to run some lucas oil stabilizer in it. if your serious about performance you will probably just rebuild it better anyway.

there is not a dsm that doesnt need work, if he says it doesnt need work you would have to watch out because he is lying.

In this case I think 1000 is ok. I would buy it if I was looking for one but I stay away from FWD's. the sounds does resemble the noise of lifter tick.

If you are not able to inspect it thoroughly because of weather or you are not mechanically inclined then pay a 3rd party mechanic to inspect it from bumper to bumper, its a small fee that can help you identify other issues in the long run.

Good luck with your decision, at least it looks pretty good for a 92.

Nope. Nothing wrong with FWD's - don't hear me complaning....

Yep, good ol' lifter tick.

And with that many KM's on it (161K miles), $1000 CA ($972 USD) is a decent price.

If you know how to do lifters, you've got a good DSM there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back