The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starting issues/ idle bounce

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer6577

Probationary Member
May 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Hey guys so hope someone can help me with this. I would have posted in tuning help but i cant because im still new to the site. Anyways i havea flashed 1999 gst that i have been tuning myself and for some reason when i startthe car it has a hard time starting like its lugging and just kind of starts, will sometimes die and then once it acually gets itself goin it dosent have troubles styaing around idel or doing pulls. My aem says i have good f/a. I dont know what it is, somehting to do with tuning or a mechanical issue. You have any suggestions or think it would be usufull to see a startup and idle log from evo scan i can do that. Please help its getting annoying and the winter is coming soon. It also bounces at idle a little but when i retuned for lower boost (stock 12) it dosent happen that much anymore, but still does a little?

Car:1999 gst with 92 6 bolt, aem fuel rail, 650 injectors, bored out .5 over. Fresh mits aem internals and arp headstuds 16/20g hybrid turbo. All otheres are bolt ons and common exhaust front mount...etc

Thank guys

im not sure what a fiav is? sorry still learning. My a/f says kinda rich like around low 13 and then will build between 14 and 15 where its suppost to be? take a log of the trims you think, see if im too rich?

Dont worry about it we all have to start somewhere LOL Post a log. At start up youd usually see a little richer condition. But it depends on how rich and if you have the injectors dialed in right. Do you have a wideband? And the fiav stands for fast idle air valve. Usually gives you the idle surge issue(fast idle) but if you get rid of it you usually have to hold the throttle for a couple of seconds for the engine to warm up in cold starts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back