The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

PTE's Sealing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmspick

Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
Ok I have a set of PTE 1000cc injectors. I bought the injector seal kit from NAPA which came with the sleeve, insulator, spacer, and top o ring. OK So I put on the spacer and then two o rings to be inserted in to the fuel rail, no problems there. Then I go put on the insulator and thats where I'm having problems with them sealing. I tried both putting it on the injector it's self and also placing it in the intake manifold as well. I know I don't use the sleeve cause the tip on the injector is flared, but how far does the insulator go on? Do I need a different insulator that is sized different? I have replaced this stuff before on stock injectors with no issues. Any light shed on this will help out a lot, as this is pretty much all I need to get her running again.

Everything should sit flush.
Maybe the napa kit sucks, I haven't tried them so I don't know.

Here's how they should sit on the injectors.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And how they should sit in the head.(Not a DSM but you get the idea, and it shows what a leaking injector looks like in the first pic). Also in the first pic the injector is different in terms of how it will sit depth wise into the bottom seal. When you're considering this - the second picture is a more accurate depth.

The seal should sit flush and nice in the hole for it, I found it easier to install the seal in the head first, then place all injectors in the rail and insert the entire assembly slowly and gently - making sure all injectors are in the correct position.

Extreme psi sells the PTE injector seal kit for cheap!

Good luck. You just need the top seal and the bottom seal. Not sure what you mean by "insulator".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I called PTE today and got a lot of help. Mine have the little flair on tip of the injector which won't fit our 13mm insulator. They come from PTE with a 14mm insulator. So what they do to there injectors for a Mitsu style fit is they grind down the little lip that is at the tip of the injector. In doing this you can now put on the plastic sleeve on the injector and then put the OEM size insulator and have no issues. I looked at another set of PTE's I have laying around and to my surprise the lip was grind down and the sleeves were on them. I never thought to look at the other set I had. But I got the issue cleared up, and now will be getting rid of the lip. Thanks PTE!!!

Hmm, informative.

Good to hear you go it figured out.

Grinded the flair on the tip down tonight, put on the sleeve and OEM seal from NAPA and they fit just like factory into the intake manifold and fuel rail. :) Now time to finish up the rest of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back