The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

NGR Performance BOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMCometh

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2011
Bel Air, Maryland
Hey all,

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with some from NGR Performance? I ordered one of their BOV's the other day and have yet to hear from anyone. I have also had no paypal requests for payment. I have sent two e-mails and still no response. Has anyone had this problem before? Any information you can provide me with is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Why don't you just get a real Greddy Type S? My friend has one in excellent shape for sale if you PM me not to clutter the thread and go off topic.

All they are selling is an Ebay BOV with a different Diaphragm and putting a hefty markup on it.

Hey all,

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with some from NGR Performance? I ordered one of their BOV's the other day and have yet to hear from anyone. I have also had no paypal requests for payment. I have sent two e-mails and still no response. Has anyone had this problem before? Any information you can provide me with is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you go to there link and email them. I reached them there last time and he responded.
That was ONE reason I didn't buy one so I went type s instead. Also go to there youtube page and type some shit on there. they respond really quick.:tease:
I'm assuming went here
http://www.ngrperformance.com/buyngr.php

[email protected] is the e-mail that I used to get in contact with them. From what I understand their a pretty small company.

As for the blow off valve itself, I had mine for around a year now and never had any problems with it. I think they make a pretty good product. Theres two threads on here about ngr blow off valves that have some other really good reviews as well.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. NGR has emailed me back and we discussed the problem.

"We noticed on some browsers or iphones that when you select paypal as shipping method and buy, it should pop up another window to login to paypal and finish the checkout process, but on some browsers this window does not pop up."

I had originally used Google Chrome. It did not work just like he stated. I then reordered using Internet Explorer. This time around, everything worked as it should.

Lesson: If you have the same problem I did, try using a different internet browser.

Why don't you just get a real Greddy Type S? My friend has one in excellent shape for sale if you PM me not to clutter the thread and go off topic.

All they are selling is an Ebay BOV with a different Diaphragm and putting a hefty markup on it.

original type S had issues i had one on my wrx and it had a diaphram issue

Yeah I kept reading poor reviews on the Greddy. I would never buy a used product with bad reviews when I can buy a new item with a better design, that has a factory warranty. Seems like a common sense type of deal....

I dunno, I would rather give the money to the company that actually did the research and development that has stronger castings and better alloys being used along with precise machining tolerances.

Not the inferior Chinese Ebay clone with "upgrade" band-aid parts. The only reason the one I am selling is being sold is it was upgraded to a new TiAL Q. Worked great the small amount of time it was used.

But that's just me.

i loved the sound of my greddy type S it was tigthed down pritty good as not to leak but it sounded like a tial aswell no fast and furious whistle LOL

Do you have any proof of this? I've owned the NGR, the Greddy and the eBay. All have significant differences.
I dunno, I would rather give the money to the company that actually did the research and development that has stronger castings and better alloys being used along with precise machining tolerances.

Not the inferior Chinese Ebay clone with "upgrade" band-aid parts. The only reason the one I am selling is being sold is it was upgraded to a new TiAL Q. Worked great the small amount of time it was used.

But that's just me.

I'm really not convinced you know what you're talking about. The NGR is NOT an inferior eBay clone. It's superior to the original type s in just about every way. Besides, buying your part doesn't pay the guys who designed the legit type s. It's discontinued, obviously, so buying the NRG is not doing a disservice to Greddy.

Not trying to jump on ya, just see a need for further clarity. It's not so simple as one ought to support greddy and therefore not purchase an allegedly inferior product, which happens to be superior.

Hi guys, I was on the ngr site and noticed that it says "flange sold separately". What does that mean, and where can I get the flange? Is it necessary for the BOV? thanks!

Do you have any proof of this? I've owned the NGR, the Greddy and the eBay. All have significant differences.

I'm really not convinced you know what you're talking about. The NGR is NOT an inferior eBay clone. It's superior to the original type s in just about every way. Besides, buying your part doesn't pay the guys who designed the legit type s. It's discontinued, obviously, so buying the NRG is not doing a disservice to Greddy.

Not trying to jump on ya, just see a need for further clarity. It's not so simple as one ought to support greddy and therefore not purchase an allegedly inferior product, which happens to be superior.

Lol I don't care if he buys the blow off valve. I can list it on here for $100 and it will be gone withing 24 hours.

If you can't tell that that is an ebay blow off valve with a different diaphragm then there is something wrong. No wonder Greddy discontinued it, with all the knockoffs on ebay for $30 what person that knows no better wouldn't pick the cheaper of the two.

Other than the one having a black top what differences do you see in the quality of the casting of the base? The both are cast of a cheap alloy in some chinese sweat shop.

If their diaphragm is so much better I would buy the cheap $20 shipped ebay bov, the $40 NGR diaphragm and the $2 NGR O-ring for the adjustment screw and have spent $62 vs the $150 they want for the same thing... :rolleyes:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If their diaphragm is so much better I would buy the cheap $20 shipped ebay bov, the $40 NGR diaphragm and the $2 NGR O-ring for the adjustment screw and have spent $62 vs the $150 they want for the same thing... :rolleyes:

They don't fit, you know why? because I already tried it myself thinking I'm going to make some money on this LOL or have another spare. The diaphragm for the NGR is slightly taller. I couldn't get it in the knock off housing. I keep up on the other NGR threads and someone else tried it as well.

Hi guys, I was on the ngr site and noticed that it says "flange sold separately". What does that mean, and where can I get the flange? Is it necessary for the BOV? thanks!

It just means that the flange that the blow off valve itself attaches to is not included (the flange on your intercooler piping). I see in your profile you a have a front mount, what is the piping flanged for, or what kind of blow off valve are you running now?

I have only ever seen good reviews of the NGR Type S, and alot of diaphram issues(including mine) with the Greddy Type S. +1 on the SSQV, or even that newish Synapse Engineering Synchronic BOV.

They don't fit, you know why? because I already tried it myself thinking I'm going to make some money on this LOL or have another spare. The diaphragm for the NGR is slightly taller. I couldn't get it in the knock off housing. I keep up on the other NGR threads and someone else tried it as well.

It just means that the flange that the blow off valve itself attaches to is not included (the flange on your intercooler piping). I see in your profile you a have a front mount, what is the piping flanged for, or what kind of blow off valve are you running now?

Hi! Thanks for explaining. I just bought my gst earlier this week, and it came with what i think is an ebay bov. my friend took a look at my car and said it was a "Freddy" (fake greddy) but it has epoxy on the top where the little turning thingie is supposed to be? My friend said it's probably leaking, so i need a new one but im really low on cash :( If i bought the ngr bov, would i be able to bolt it right on? i'm also pretty car illiterate (just learned how to change an alternator two days ago). Thanks!

I have this BOV and it performs great. I ran 22 psi last summer and had no leak but just cant get it dialed in correctly to make the whistle, even if I only tried twice to get it right. So as of right now it just flutters but the BOV itself performs very well.

The ebay bov type-s and NGR bov are not the same. you can't just swap out diaphrams, this has already been discussed. I've had both and i would take the NGR over the Greddy anyday cause of the better diaphram. Ya i'd rather give money to greddy if the damn thing actually worked, but they have been known to have shitty diaphrams.

Hi! Thanks for explaining. I just bought my gst earlier this week, and it came with what i think is an ebay bov. my friend took a look at my car and said it was a "Freddy" (fake greddy) but it has epoxy on the top where the little turning thingie is supposed to be? My friend said it's probably leaking, so i need a new one but im really low on cash :( If i bought the ngr bov, would i be able to bolt it right on? i'm also pretty car illiterate (just learned how to change an alternator two days ago). Thanks!

No problem :thumb: Epoxy...yeah thats probably not good considering pressure from boost fills the top part of the blow off valve to hold it shut.

The NGR uses a greddy flange, if your friend says it's a knock off greddy and your flange has a diamond shape to it with two holes, chances are it's a greddy flange and the NGR should bolt right up.

If you can post a pic up we can tell you for sure.

I'm really not for the Ebay blow off valves, I took one a part and the diaphragms in them are VERY thin, but if your REALLY low on cash you can use a bolt to thread into the adjuster. It might be better than the epoxy at and you would be able to adjust it, which might help until your funds get back up.

I highly recommend the NRG blow off valve. My car isn't running as much boost as other guys on the forum but I never get compressor surge and the blow off valve holds boost fine. I adjusted it when I first put it on and everything is still great. :thumb:

People with the greddy type-s have tried taking springs out of them, tried running different springs, etc, and still have problems with them. Plus they've been discontinued for years, if your buying one now, someone has already used the thing for how long. I myself considered the greddy type-s when I was buying a blow off valve. Just do your research, lots of reviews are out there for both blow off valves.

No problem :thumb: Epoxy...yeah thats probably not good considering pressure from boost fills the top part of the blow off valve to hold it shut.

The NGR uses a greddy flange, if your friend says it's a knock off greddy and your flange has a diamond shape to it with two holes, chances are it's a greddy flange and the NGR should bolt right up.

If you can post a pic up we can tell you for sure.

I'm really not for the Ebay blow off valves, I took one a part and the diaphragms in them are VERY thin, but if your REALLY low on cash you can use a bolt to thread into the adjuster. It might be better than the epoxy at and you would be able to adjust it, which might help until your funds get back up.

I highly recommend the NRG blow off valve. My car isn't running as much boost as other guys on the forum but I never get compressor surge and the blow off valve holds boost fine. I adjusted it when I first put it on and everything is still great. :thumb:

People with the greddy type-s have tried taking springs out of them, tried running different springs, etc, and still have problems with them. Plus they've been discontinued for years, if your buying one now, someone has already used the thing for how long. I myself considered the greddy type-s when I was buying a blow off valve. Just do your research, lots of reviews are out there for both blow off valves.

Thanks Curt! You're really helpful. I'll try to get pics posted tomorrow morning. I'm not planning on running big boost AT all, because this is my daily driver and I need it to last at least until i graduate from college and get a real job. (poor college student :p) The NGR one isn't too badly priced, so i'll be sure to get one when i get my paycheck next week. Just need to figure out this whole "flange" deal :p

They must have machining done to the tops then LOL

The flange in this picture is what is welded on top of the pipe, you need one that matches up with the bottom of the type s. If it doesn't match up, you will need the old one taken off/new piping and a new one welded on.

It needs to be flush with the bottom of the type s like this:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back