The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Want to buy a turbo kit but is there anything....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven405

Probationary Member
Dec 12, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Hey i have a 93 plymouth laser rs and im looking to get turbo for the car. Im a noob with cars and i dont know much but i was just wonder, if i were to buy a turbo kit for my car, can i just install it and be done with it? or are there other parts that i need to buy too?

Can i put a turbo Eclipse engine in my non turbo Eclipse?

better to just get a turbo car, this topic a has been discussed a lot.

does not have to buy a 4g63. i have a 420a and plan on turboing it as these cars become more rare, it's harder to find good base cars and he might not want to part with his, such as i don't. I have I have a solid car and plan on putting the turbo on it.

saying buy a new car doesn't answer his question.

for very small amounts of boost, an engine that is in good running condition can have a turbo kit installed with minimal added features. but things to look at are fuel pumps, injectors, piggybacks or some sort of tuner with an AFR gage.

i thought about getting a kit that could be slapped on in a short amount of time but figured I wouldn't be happy with it and an engine with higher mileage, i decided I just plan on taking my car off the road in the next 2 years and pulling the engine to do a full rebuild on it with a bigger turbo.

but use the search button. many people have asked this.

hmmm. so your telling me if i were to buy the kit and just slap it on there it would only make a small difference? how would i make a big difference? buy the kit, install it, and then what modifications would i need to do after that to make a bigger difference?

for a big difference a rebuild with forged internals, more aggressive cams, bigger turbo, bigger injectors and tuning software

And do you know which brand or type of turbo is good quality? if you know a few good brands go ahead and list them so that i can check them out and see prices. Something thats not crazy expensive but yeah, good quality. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back