The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

problems with safc and 6 bolt swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboawd420

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2005
palatine, Illinois
has anyone had problems with a 6 bolt swap stock non eprom ecu and a apexi safc and 550cc injectors??
mine missfires when holding the throttle in the same place above 2400 rpm when driving only. its fine under full throttle. the car drove fine with the 450's and no safc. any imput with be very helpful thanks.

someone help me please i just tried to unplug the safc and the car barely drives someone help the noob

Last edited:
Make sure you wired the safc correctly. My girls car did the same thing (back fire not missfire) because the pink wire came loose from the maf sensors harness.if you decide to take off your safc make sure you reconnect (souder sp?) the wire you cut or it will backfire and not stay on.

its not backfiring its missing for sure. it sounds like a subaru if u hold the pedal in the same place above 2400rpm and if you let off and let it drop below 2400 it goes back to normal. i had it installed by a good shop devo tuning and everything looks ok this is driving me crazy iam about to take it in again. they told me i need a eprom ecu to fix it could this be possible or are they screwing with me?

how do i reconnect (souder sp?) i didnt cut any wires i just unpluged it. thanks guys

i dont know how to describe this anymore would it help if i took a video of what its doing?

is this true i keep hearing this

the problems random missfire...this topic has been discussed a billion times

at least on this forum, its because on a 6-bolt motor it doesn't have a
crank
sensor..2G's with 95-99 motors have crank sensors.. and the 2G ecus are
programed to check it for timming...if you notice you'll probably get the
random
missfire at crusing speed...it sounds like crap..and the car will feel
sluggish...the cure is DSMLink...the temp. solution for it is pull the TPS
sensor...you'll probably get crappy gas mileage but it beats pulling over
and reseting the
ECU

has anyone had problems with a 6 bolt swap stock non eprom ecu and a apexi safc and 550cc injectors??
mine missfires when holding the throttle in the same place above 2400 rpm when driving only. its fine under full throttle. the car drove fine with the 450's and no safc. any imput with be very helpful thanks.

someone help me please i just tried to unplug the safc and the car barely drives someone help the noob

try checking your CAS (cam angle sensor)

its a green top cas someone told me a black top cas and a 97+ euc could be a temp fix till i get the money for aem or dsm link

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back