The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

question about injectors please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboawd420

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2005
palatine, Illinois
alright i have a 95 tsi with a 6 bolt swap a stock non eprom 95 ecu with a walbro 190 and i think 550 injectors for a 16g no fpr and a b16g and a apexi safc.

heres the question can i unplug the safc and turn the boost all the way down and run the stock tune with the injectors and fuel pump i have is that bad for it im trying to bring the car back to stock

I honestly wouldn't. They are different injectors and the ecu is tuned for 450's, the fuel pump isn't going to make a difference. I had a friend who ran 550's with a stock ecu and it seemed to idle and drive OK but I wouldn't recommend it. Just do it the correct way.

Why are your bringing it back to stock?

thats what i thought. im selling it and it missfires with the stock non eprom ecu and safc and this would fix that. i would get a eprom or 450's but i need to sell it ### im moving in a week to cali and i dont want to spend anymore money on it im selling it at a loss.

anyone else try this before 550's on stock ecu? low boost 16g

I would look into whats causing it to misfire.

Is is missing on boost? Idle? Lets see if we can get it running correctly.

it miss fires only above 24oo rpm when u keep the throttle in the same place in any gear. i was told by a few people that it is because i have a 6 bolt swap with a safc and a non eprom ecu

not all the time but just when cruzing. i doesnt miss under full throttle or any other time

if i unplug the tps it doesnt missfire

it miss fires only above 24oo rpm when u keep the throttle in the same place in any gear. i was told by a few people that it is because i have a 6 bolt swap with a safc and a non eprom ecu

not all the time but just when cruzing. i doesnt miss under full throttle or any other time

The first thing I would try would be a TPS adjustment. I do not see why the 6bolt swap with a safc matters. Here is a link for you. TPS Adjustment

tps is good

i think they ghetto rigged the safc thats why i thought removing it would fix my problem

i think my safc is ghetto rigged to work with my ecu thats why i thought i could just remove it.

tps is good

i think they ghetto rigged the safc thats why i thought removing it would fix my problem

i think my safc is ghetto rigged to work with my ecu thats why i thought i could just remove it.

If that is the case I would just double check everything to see if its wired up correctly. It would be a better idea than just removing it all together. Especially if you are trying to sell it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back