The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

S2000 ap2 2006 cluster on Mitsubishi Eclipse almost done!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle_Phoenix

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2009
., South_America
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/att...r-mitsubishi-eclipse-almost-done-cluster1.jpg

S2000 ap2 2006 cluster on Mitsubishi Eclipse almost done!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMMAGE THAT THIS PROJECT CAN MAKE INTO YOUR CAR REGARDING IMPROPER USE OR WRONG CIRCUIT COMPONENTS MOUNTED ON MY FINAL CONCLUSION CIRCUIT ON PDF.

I DONT HAVE ANY WISH TO BRAKE US COPYRIGHTS AND DISRESPECT ANY KIND OF LAW, THE MEMBER ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSABILITY AFTER USING THE INFORMATION HERE BELLOW AND MAKE THE AUTHOR (ME) BE OUT OF ANY RESPONSABILITY LEGAL OR REGARDING ANY DAMMAGE IT MAY CAUSE TO YOUR CAR AND CIRCUITS.

BUT IT WILL NOT CAUSE ANY DAMMAGE AND IF YOU FOLLOW STEP BY STEP ON MY FINAL CONCLUSION PROJECT, IT WILL FOR SURE NOT DAMMAGE ANYTHING, AS I'VE TESTED ON MY OWN CAR AND MY PURPOSE FOR THIS IS TO MAKE FUNCTIONAL THE CLUSTER THAT WAS SOLD FOR ME AND HONDA ENGINEERS REFUSE TO GIVE ANY INFORMATION ON "TECH" NOTES FOR THIS PROJECT.

THUS IT IS UNDERSTANDABLE THAT ONCE I GET A CLUSTER THAT WAS SOLD FOR ME AND PAID THE PRICE FOR THIS PART, IT GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO MAKE IT FULLY FUNCTIONAL ON MY CAR, IT IS REALLY FAIR FOR ME TO HAVE THIS PART WORKING ON MY CAR ONCE I'VE PAID FOR IT AND I WAS A VICTIM OF A NON WORKING CLUSTER THAT WORKS IN A CODED SYSTEM FOR THE NEW AGE TECHNOLOGY ON CAR COMMICATION SYSTEMS. (CAN BUS NETWORK).

TAKE THIS FORUM AS IS, DONATIONS ARE WELCOME AS I AM A POOR PERSON THAT FIGHTS AND DREAM FOR LIFE WITH TECHNOLOGY MAKING SMART SOLUTIONS.

Eagle R. G

Here I am, after some sad moments, I got the light that everyman can develop anything when is determined with mind and spirit to it.

I opened here this forum, as now I will finish my 3 years mitsubishi eclipse (eagle talon) project and I will share the information with all the community of dsmtunners.

I got a cluster from s2000 - 2007 with wire and sockets, I've made some researches and could not find any information to this cluster, also no one in this entire world decided to create and build every module with their own knowledge for this conversion, there is not anything that may adjust this cluster to my eagle, then I decided to create myself everything into a "ECU".

Modfry Guys told me it is on canbus network and obd2 network, but refused to give me any further information in regards this project or they may not know nothing else for this project.

I will do this and as a good Christian, I will share with all people that be interested, e-mail me for the "PDF" conclusion in regards this study.

But testing step by step using my own diagnostics, I could make this cluster almost fully functional, except the temp gauge.

almost all lights, speedo, rpm.... (everything worked wonderfully right and functional)

One step to success, it is the temp gauge, here in this video is the cluster turn on almost fully functional, this video was recorded by me and is my own accent and voice in it, please! english is not my first language so, I try to do my best.

I speak Italian, English and Portuguese.

YouTube - s2000 video.MPG

I am creating a pdf with my own illustration with simple methods, without using the material of anyone as this cluster no one could give me information how it works.

As I've said everything works great, except the temp gauge that I will need to create a circuit to emulate the canbus or obd2 data.

Everything is on final step and the information I need is regarding the coolant "id code and can bus iso number for this s2000 2007 interface.

This is everything I need to finish the circuit layout that I am going to install in a box similar to an ecu with the full conversion from Mitsubishi Eclipse signals for S2000 ap2 2007 cluster.

This smal box will convert the signal and voltages to proper millivoltage for fuel gauge be fully working, it will receive the signal from "DSM ECU ENGINE MODULE" and convert it to can line straight to cluster, without the "ECT" converter (that does not work at all and without the "Speedohealer" as it will be an ECT converter, speedohealer and (obd2 or canbus converter) into one circuit programmed in as much "pic" microchips it needs, it will be a single circuit that will emulate everything delivering the signals on wires to the cluster in another side of socket box, making the full job without spending money to this ect converter, speedohealer and equipment to make the fuel gauge be working.

It is based in a circuit programmed in pic language that will also do the speedo healing fix to correct the car speed for this change and also to adjust the speed when someone change the diameter of wheels and tires using with a gps to catch the real speed, then adjusting + or - based on speedo from gps speed.

I will include everything into one single box and now in order for me to finish this project, I need to know:

1#CAN BUS LINE ISO NUMBER FOR S2000 AP2 2007 SYSTEM???

2#"ID CODE AND INPUT FREQUENCY VARIATION TO MAKE COOLANT TEMP BAR-GRAPH CURVE?

3#WHAT ARE THE PIN-IN TO IT?

4#"ID CODE FOR EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE AND ID CODE FOR "OIL LIFE PERCENTAGE".

Once I finish to the happyness of this community and all good christians and non christian hearts, I will share the full project with anyone that need this.

"THAT ALL THE GLORY BE TO FATHER GOD! AND THE MESSIAH JESUS CHRIST".

THEIR GLORY ARE THE KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM.

I am not a "FAQ".

Somebody told me that the secret of success is to hide the sources, but I understand this as mental masturbation not sharing information with other people.

I see how greatful an enthusiast of this car could be and many other enthusiast if they had everything needed into a pdf without spending money with that ect converter and speedohealer and hours and hours of researches like I did for nothing and many of this enthusiasts ordered this ect converter and it were "USELESS".

This "pdf" will press people to be more humble and share their ideas.

THIS "PDF" WILL HAPPEN AS SOON I FINISH MY PROJECT.

I want to be rated for this if you like my project and as soon I finish this project, I will put videos like I did in this thread.

This video is myself speaking with my cluster on own hands, as I mentioned I am English is not my first language.

ALL I WANT IS RESPECT! FOR SOME PEOPLE IT IS MORE IMPORTANT!

Attachments

• cluster1.jpg
    cluster1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,015
Last edited:
Thats fantastic work my friend. I had an s2k cluster in my k swapped eg, and will be swapping this cluster in my rx7 pretty soon!

kudos

ya this swap has been done before... I seen the car on the dsmlink forums. He was selling it on the forums. It came with everything needed to swap the car over..

I just did alittle research on the link forums and the said you need a speedo healer for the speedo problem, The coolant temp is a pulsing 5v and ours is a straight 12v so you need an adapter for that. everything else is straight forward..

ya this swap has been done before... I seen the car on the dsmlink forums. He was selling it on the forums. It came with everything needed to swap the car over..

I just did alittle research on the link forums and the said you need a speedo healer for the speedo problem, The coolant temp is a pulsing 5v and ours is a straight 12v so you need an adapter for that. everything else is straight forward..
Please, include the link here, so I will use their ideas to finish my idea also, are you sure it is the 2007 ap2 s2000 cluster? maybe it was the 2004 not 2006+ as this 2006+ works on obd2 or canbus network.

You have to be apart of there forums to veiw the forums.(you have to buy DSMlink to become apart of the forums)

I will check again but there is quite a few guys who did it.

Ok well they really didn't specify anything besides it really doesn;t matter. The guys that originally made the thread is using a 2004 but the other guys said that it wouldn't matter if it was the ap1 or ap2 cluster besides a few adjustments. The coolant temp is funny because they told the guy with the ap1 dash to buy a ap2 temp sensor and use that instead of the 2g sensor. Then he got a 12v-5v converter and a voltage stabilizer. I dont really see why it would matter if it was ob2 or canbus. All cars from 1995(tech 96 but my 95 is ob2) on are atleast ob2??

You have to be apart of there forums to veiw the forums.(you have to buy DSMlink to become apart of the forums)

I will check again but there is quite a few guys who did it.

Ok well they really didn't specify anything besides it really doesn;t matter. The guys that originally made the thread is using a 2004 but the other guys said that it wouldn't matter if it was the ap1 or ap2 cluster besides a few adjustments. The coolant temp is funny because they told the guy with the ap1 dash to buy a ap2 temp sensor and use that instead of the 2g sensor. Then he got a 12v-5v converter and a voltage stabilizer. I dont really see why it would matter if it was ob2 or canbus. All cars from 1995(tech 96 but my 95 is ob2) on are atleast ob2??

Yes, it will really matter what kind of sytem the cluster works for the following reason, the modfry guys mention very clearly on their website that "this ect converter will work on clusters untill year 2005", after this year they dont have nothing at all that may work and dont know any further information for this.

Obd2 system are completely diffferent of signals than the analogic signals we can find on ap2 cluster, then the ability to make changes using the available converter are limited to cluster year 2005, after this year, the cluster is another interface.

You can see on my video posted here that in the top left side of "trip display, it has a farenheit counter that may be on obd2 system or canbus, obd2 system is a kind of data that we may get using a scanner to ob2 car port.

Now "canbus" network is a completely different technology, it will have a K-LINE of MASTER AND SLAVE wires that MASTER will send the "id code" and SLAVE will receive it, once it receive the code, it will open the door for that code and begin to receive the frequency and decode it to make the "GAUGE VARIATION FROM MINIMUM TO MAXIMUM" many cars share all the information limited in this two wires, "this is canbus network", HOWEVER THIS S2000 AP2 2007 CLUSTER ONLY USE THIS TECHNOLOGY FOR OIL LIFE PERCENTAGE, EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE AND COOLANT TEMPERATURE GAUGE, there are many other cars that all the car info, temp, speed ... goes into this network and it make all information pass through k-lin to show data on cars display.

This display (EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE) is located on left side of trip display in farenheit, also on another display side we got the "OIL LIFE".

What are the wires K-LINE ON s2000 ap2 year 2007 cluster?

Previous models of s2000 ap2 limited to year 2005 is pulsative voltage of 5 volts with frequency of 60hz to 5khz, after 2006+ s2000 ap2 model until 2009 the last model of honda s2000 it was changed to this technology, it must have an "ID CODE" on begingin of square wave to open the logic port for k-line (SLAVE CHIP) and inject the frequency.

However the modyfry told me no, they dont have nothing at all that may work in this cluster, then here is the crucial doubt in order for me to finish my project.

I will try to inject a pulsative voltage of 5 volts to it as I've said from 60hz to 5khz on b5 yellow green, but I am not sure it will work.

I INJECTED ALL KINDS OF WAVES LIMITED TO 5VOLTS AMPLITUDE AND IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, WHY????

BECAUSE THE WAVES DOES NOT HAVE THE "ID CODE" TO OPEN THE LOGIC DOOR TO THE CIRCUIT BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE FREQUENCY.

"IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE ID CODE AND MIN AND MAX WAVE FORM, IF IT IS SQUARE, SINE AND TRIANGLE AND AMPLITUDE, IT WILL HELP ME.

I will do everything posible in order to see this cluter fully functional, please lets be quick ... any usefull information will help, lets make this project as soon as spossible and once it is finished, I will add a video to youtube and put the link here also, I will give the docs for people enthusiast (please do not use my idea for greedy purposes) it is made in love of Jesus to help enthusiasts.

Best regards.

Eagle R. G.

Last edited:
Well i bet the AP2 is 0-5v considering they prefer using the ap2 sensor over the ap1 sensor.

You also dont know if it is OBD2 or CANBUS? If it is OBD2 then it will be easy i assume. considering it will be very close to the ap1. I wonder why they don't have anything for the ap2 cluster. What im confused about is how can all the information be brought to the dash with one wire in and one out? Or am I getting that wrong

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2142845

http://www.dscustoms.com/

Its been done and it doesn't look like it was that crazy to do?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108756&stc=1&d=1271964329

Ok, I am trying to discover how it works, I know that usually the canbus has two wires in it, usually white with a black strip crossed on wire straight into cluster.

Now the obd2 and canbus, it seems that the cluster only shows a data scanned from this wires, I mean the cluster is only a display that shows the signal that receive as a obd2 and canbus network receiver.

The main problem is that I only got the s2000 year s2007 cluster and it looks like it is not the original wires and socket, it looks like the wires and socket is from another ap2 cluster from 2003-2005 that works like you mention.

The old models of this ap2 cluster from 2003 to 2005, it seems to be a 5v digital signal, It's a pulsating signal, that when engine is cold 60 hertz, when engine is warm or hot 3-4-5 khertz, I mean when cold= low frequency, hot =high frequency.

But we are talking of a cluster after this range, it has a display on the top left side that shows the farenheit temp in numbers and also oil life (I dont know if old ap2 until 2005 has the oil life), I am sure it does not has this extra function of temp farenheit in numbers in addiction of the normal dash temp leds found on previous ap2 with the dash on leds, do you know what I mean now?

I will post some pictures of it in this thread then you will realize what I am talking about.

Well, the main problem is that I am not sure if the socket is the original socket or if was added from another cluster, physically it looks the same colour code on 2003 to 2005, I will contact the seller to try catch information for this doubt.

Attachments

• s2000 - 2007 cluster.jpg
    s2000 - 2007 cluster.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4,399
Last edited:
I'm still collecting the parts to do this conversion. I have already made the circuit boards for the 12v to 5v conversions. They are actually pretty easy to make. I think I may have an extra one around here if you want to throw me a couple of bucks for shipping you can have it.
I still need to find a really good explanation of the wiring before I start hacking up my dash wires though. I'd really like to find a spare cluster to make a plug and play system though.

Ok, thanks for your blood and breath, it is really appreciated!!!

Ok, I am trying to discover how it works, I know that usually the canbus has two wires in it, usually white with a black strip crossed into cluster.

Now the obd2 and canbus, it seems that the cluster only shows a data scanned from this wires, I mean the cluster is only a display that shows the signal that receive as a obd2 and canbus network.

The main problem is that I only got the s2000 year s2007 cluster and it looks like it is not the original wires and socket, it looks like the wires and socket is from another ap2 cluster from 2003-2005 that works like you mention.

The old models of this ap2 cluster from 2003 to 2005, it seems to be a 5v digital signal, It's a pulsating signal, that when engine is cold 60 hertz, when engine is warm or hot 3-4-5 khertz, I mean when cold= low frequency, hot =high frequency.

But we are talking of a cluster after this range, it has a display on the top left side that shows the farenheit temp in numbers and also oil life (I dont know if old ap2 until 2005 has the oil life), I am sure it does not has this extra function of farenheit in numbers together with the dash on leds, do you know what I mean now?

I will post some pictures of it in this thread then you will realize what I am talking about.

Well, the main problem is that I am not sure if the socket is the original socket or if was added from another cluster, physically it looks the same colour code on 2003 to 2005.

Dude, if you get this working, please send me "how to" on this set up. i been thinking about doing this for a long time...

I'm still collecting the parts to do this conversion. I have already made the circuit boards for the 12v to 5v conversions. They are actually pretty easy to make. I think I may have an extra one around here if you want to throw me a couple of bucks for shipping you can have it.
I still need to find a really good explanation of the wiring before I start hacking up my dash wires though. I'd really like to find a spare cluster to make a plug and play system though.
Ok, for the voltage convertion, it is very simple, you coud add "lm7805" transistor and it will do the conversion to this cluster, but the issue is that it is not a voltage variation and yes a pulse issue from60 hertz to 5 khz, I will need to develop a circuit like this.

the voltage does not change like many people thinks, what change is the frequency, please read fully my thread.

Thanks anyway.

Ok, now I need to know the "variable coolant sensor resistence of 2g 4g63 turbo engine in ohms, anyone has any idea of what is the resistence variation in this engine? once I got it, I will develop a signal injector 5 voltz with variable frequency of 50hz to 5khz(frequency variation, not voltage) of square wave and then I will inject the signal into the s2000 cluster on input temp signal and watch what frequency range will move the temp on minimum down and maximum up and will study the temp sensor what happens in its resistence when it gets hot and cold and in regards this variation, I will mod this signal square wave injector to work with this variation.

Then my own method and information I must have will be as follow:

1#Mitsubishi Eclipse 2g temp sensor resistence variation in ohms (a)

2#Honda s2000 year 2007 cluster temp frequency variation to work min and max(b)

3#What the maximum temperature a 4g63 can support before burn the gasket and burn the oil life viscosity (c)

I will then adjust the frequency injector with electric component to based on (a) signal cold, it makes the temp cluster on s2000 lower and when sensor is hot it makes the s2000 ap2 higher to a maximum temp the engine 4g63 can support(c).

Then my next step will be to develop in "smd" a box with all this conversion included, I mean (fuel gauge fix, speedo healer on pic program, ect converter based on signals and finally all the wires light convertion and fitments).

What do you think about my project experts?

Last edited:
Modifry ECT Converter Module will NOT work on clusters from years 2006 and up. These clusters use the S2000 data bus to operate the temperature gauge and they are not compatible with the ECT Module.

Said modifry.

I was wondering, I got wrong information in this project, the coolant temperature is not a pulsative signal, pulsative signal are designed to "rpm tacho" and "digital speedometer", for what reason honda company whould create a pulsative signal to coolant gauge? it does not make sense, since begining I was not believing it was a pulsative signal.

Remember, all the functions in my cluster s2000 ap2 year 2006 is working already and the only thing needed is to find out what "wires" are responsible for "data bus"in this coolant temp gauge, also this cluster has an outside temperature in farenheit that I will need to find out what "wires" are responsible for it and what kind of circuit to develop in order to make this function work.

For the happyness of people, I already found out that even the fuel gauge does not work with 5 volts like every engineer mention here and yes it works from 0.269~1.944, as much low millivoltage, (high temperature, 0.269 millivolts) as much high voltage (low temperature, 1.944 millivolts) what makes the fuel gauge go up and down are millivoltages, (you can confirm that using a 1.5 volts aaa battery with the cluster on and connecting it the negative of battery on cluster ground and positive of battery on (input fuel gauge signal) after 20 seconds it will light the barleds to almost maximum. I havent tested yet the voltage that comes from fuel tank on dsm 2g to stock cluster, but I assume it will be much higher voltage near 12 volts, (I will confirm when finishing my pdf file for the enthusiasts).

Every factory use different ohms variation and voltages variation different for each other, thinking about this, I've created already a "fuel gauge healer" in order for those who want to install the s2000 ap2 2006" cluster into their mitsubishi eclipse 2g (4g63) 1995-1999 also know as "Eagle Talon", this fuel gauge healer is a very low cost circuit mounted in 3 days of job, it gives me the option to adjust variable voltage of fuel tank turning the potenciometer or trimmpot.

Then the steps now are:

1#fuel gauge healer.
2#cluster lights mod wire.
3#speedo healer programmed on "pic language".
4#s2000 ap2 2006+ coolant temp gauge "databus" converter.
5#Outside temperature.

The fuel Gauge is already working properly, I just need to check again the signal from the fuel tank in order to make the perfect "curve" for it range the minumum and maximum on gauge bargraph.

The Cluster lights wire is already done and with a few mods it will be included into this "ECU" box I am doing to control this conversion.

Speedo healer is already done the circuit, the hex and all the stuff, I am still testing it in order to find any instability.

Now the s2000 ap2 2006+ coolant temp gauge "databus" converter I am going to study more in order to begin to develop something.

The outside temperature must be "sorted".

Any expert here in order to help me with information? I am developing everything alone with "wrong informations given from many ... and found everywhere on network".

Please, I will share this project, if you are not sure about precise information, just post here and mention it is an idea.

IDEAS are welcome.

Last edited:
What are the wires involved on "databus" responsible for s2000 ap2 2006+ cluster coolant temp gauge?????

I only need this information to finish my ecu.

Honda S2000 ap2 cluster rpm tach signal is a positive signal!!!! if you got the blue b3 and tremble (shake the contacts) it to +12 of cluster, then you will see the tachometer to jump almost to 1.000 rpm, now the speedometer signal is a negative pulse, b7 blue with white stripe, if you tremble the contacts on negative it will then shows up led-bars on speedometer display in this 2006+ s2000 cluster.

I've tested right now and it really works, it is really not on databus or canbus crap.

PLEASE!!!! RATE ME!!!!!! I FOUND THIS WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANYONE, PLEASE NOW LETS SEE WHAT OTHERS CAN HELP.

Now I need to find out the temp gauge signal .... lets go for it now.

Last edited:
ohh subscribed!!
I have always wanted to do this.
Our cluster is so 90s old fashion.
So is anyone going to makes these a kit, so that you could just plug and play?

+913482399

^because you knwo that many more people are gonna be saying the same thing!

GOOD STUFF!

Awesome!!
Cant wait to have a seller for these plug and play S2000 clusters.
I'm thinking the price would around $300?
It will not be allowed for seller to sell it, this is an enthusiast project, everyone will be able to make one of this, I am not getting no money at all for this plug and play stuff, only if people wish to donate me money into my paypal account, it will be welcome and will make me more happy to build another projects for people.

I am doing this only in regards my enthusiasm for this japanese\american car that is already out of factory building.

You will have for sure the full project of it, also, if you wish me to build one for you, no problem, I can make it and send it to you.

But it I am not doing this for money, only as enthusiast person that love this car.

It will not be allowed for seller to sell it, this is an enthusiast project, everyone will be able to make one of this, I am not getting no money at all for this plug and play stuff, only if people wish to donate me money into my paypal account, it will be welcome and will make me more happy to build another projects for people.

I am doing this only in regards my enthusiasm for this japanese\american car that is already out of factory building.

You will have for sure the full project of it, also, if you wish me to build one for you, no problem, I can make it and send it to you.

But it I am not doing this for money, only as enthusiast person that love this car.
Then finally, when I got the "plug and play" ecu ready, I will take measurements of the dsm cluster hole and I will send it to a guy that works with injected plastic, then I will make a support of injected plastic on black colour in order to be similar the real.

I am working day and night, this project will be done soon in a couple of days.

for circuits that the cluster needs that are PWM and the dsm has just resistive, you could make a 555 timer circuit to turn a voltage into a pulse.

So why are you doing this conversion? Is because you just want to do something different or because it looks "cool?"
I want to do this conversion because I want to make something different and also because I think it is very cool!!!

Maybe I will see if I can make it to sell, as it is a long road of knifes and wrong information someone can find on streets when thinking to make a conversion like this.

Also because I love Japanese Cars and I really enjoy myself doing circuits, specially when it is something that almost no one can do.

Anyone can install ready conversors, but almost no one can create them!

This is like "oil paint" that I really enjoy also ... and "information technology" that I also enjoy alot.

Sure any man can develop something when really is determined to it.

for circuits that the cluster needs that are PWM and the dsm has just resistive, you could make a 555 timer circuit to turn a voltage into a pulse.
Well, this is a question that I still havent decided yet!

Because I will test all the signals into this "temp gauge" in order to find out what signals will react something on cluster.

It may be a sine, square or triangular signal, everything I know it is 5 volts of amplitude, nothing else, I am building signal generators in order to test one by one.

Also, if anyone want to colaborate before or after the project is done, please contact me in private that I will give my paypal details.

I am building those signal generators in order to test one by one.

The most interesting thing is that all the cluster works on normal voltage signals, I mean the speedo, the tacho also the only difference is that the tacho works with a positive signal and the speedo negative signal pulse.

Now the fuel gauge, here is the biggest secret I found right now, it is milliampers against milliampers, I mean, if you turn on the cluster and meaure the voltage on fuel gauge, you will see 12 volts of a very low amperage, I mean milliampers, it looks like 50ma 12 volts, and at this stage you will see the bargraph on fuel gauge empty and the light of low fuel on.

Then, I got a aaa 1.5 volts battery and with insulate tape, I attached wires to it in order to hold the wires and connected the negative on cluster ground and positive on fuel gauge input wire.

Then after 20 seconds the wire is connected, it shows me almost full bar, I mean one led down the bargraph.

I left the battery on cluster for more than one our ... and the bargraph was comming down slowly untill it shows again no led-bars on (empty tank) and fuel light warning on.

Then I tested the battery and it was ZEEEERRRROOO, VOLTS.

What we learn with this experience experts????

We learn that what moves the bargraph led up and down is a voltage alittle higher than 1.5 volts and as the battery as soon it was loosing the charge, the bargraph was coming down ...

My fuel gauge converter (part of my inside ecu) is based in this, it will catch the voltage of fuel tank and based on resistence curve, it will deliver a voltage of 200 millivolts to the maximum that the the cluster will show once the fuel tank is full.

to test this, engineers will need to remove the fuel level part and simulate manually the full tank and empty tank manually putting the fuel level up for 20 seconds and down .... remember that the cluter will not show immediate the change, it has a retard circuit in it to prevent false level because the fuel tank level move when you ride your eagle.

Then based in this I will add potenciometer to adjust those levels on accepted range, but I believe it will be standard for all dsmers that use "the same" fuel level part.

Now, in regards the frequency, I am building right now a frequency generator that will arrange all the frequencies in order to test one by one.

Square, sine and triangular from 60hz to 1.000hz (1khz) and see how the cluster will behave with each of waves withing amplitude of 5 volts.

But, if the cluter works in OBD2 or CAN network, it will be a comletely different history and chapter.

Bye for now...

I want to do this conversion because I want to make something different and also because I think it is very cool!!!

Maybe I will see if I can make it to sell, as it is a long road of knifes and wrong information someone can find on streets when thinking to make a conversion like this.

Also because I love Japanese Cars and I really enjoy myself doing circuits, specially when it is something that almost no one can do.

Anyone can install ready conversors, but almost no one can create them!

This is like "oil paint" that I really enjoy also ... and "information technology" that I also enjoy alot.

Sure any man can develop something when really is determined to it.

Well, this is a question that I still havent decided yet!

Because I will test all the signals into this "temp gauge" in order to find out what signals will react something on cluster.

It may be a sine, square or triangular signal, everything I know it is 5 volts of amplitude, nothing else, I am building signal generators in order to test one by one.

Also, if anyone want to colaborate before or after the project is done, please contact me in private that I will give my paypal details.

I am building those signal generators in order to test one by one.

The most interesting thing is that all the cluster works on normal voltage signals, I mean the speedo, the tacho also the only difference is that the tacho works with a positive signal and the speedo negative signal pulse.

Now the fuel gauge, here is the biggest secret I found right now, it is milliampers against milliampers, I mean, if you turn on the cluster and meaure the voltage on fuel gauge, you will see 12 volts of a very low amperage, I mean milliampers, it looks like 50ma 12 volts, and at this stage you will see the bargraph on fuel gauge empty and the light of low fuel on.

Then, I got a aaa 1.5 volts battery and with insulate tape, I attached wires to it in order to hold the wires and connected the negative on cluster ground and positive on fuel gauge input wire.

Then after 20 seconds the wire is connected, it shows me almost full bar, I mean one led down the bargraph.

I left the battery on cluster for more than one our ... and the bargraph was comming down slowly untill it shows again no led-bars on (empty tank) and fuel light warning on.

Then I tested the battery and it was ZEEEERRRROOO, VOLTS.

What we learn with this experience experts????

We learn that what moves the bargraph led up and down is a voltage alittle higher than 1.5 volts and as the battery as soon it was loosing the charge, the bargraph was coming down ...

My fuel gauge converter (part of my inside ecu) is based in this, it will catch the voltage of fuel tank and based on resistence curve, it will deliver a voltage of 200 millivolts to the maximum that the the cluster will show once the fuel tank is full.

to test this, engineers will need to remove the fuel level part and simulate manually the full tank and empty tank manually putting the fuel level up for 20 seconds and down .... remember that the cluter will not show immediate the change, it has a retard circuit in it to prevent false level because the fuel tank level move when you ride your eagle.

Then based in this I will add potenciometer to adjust those levels on accepted range, but I believe it will be standard for all dsmers that use "the same" fuel level part.

Now, in regards the frequency, I am building right now a frequency generator that will arrange all the frequencies in order to test one by one.

Square, sine and triangular from 60hz to 1.000hz (1khz) and see how the cluster will behave with each of waves withing amplitude of 5 volts.

But, if the cluter works in OBD2 or CAN network, it will be a comletely different history and chapter.

Bye for now...
This pwm frequency circuit with id code is only for the temp gauge, as all other signals work normally and need conversors but the signals are not pwm, I only need to check the cluster on my eagle talon if it is positive pulse or negative pulse on tachometer and speedometer and make inversors for this s2000 cluster if it is the case to it, I mean about negatives voltages as the signals are pretty the same the difference on speedo and tacho pulse and poitive or negative signals, it will be limited in this project only on amount of pulses as the signal is the same, once an microtepper pic converor is installed to correct the circuit, it will make fully functional.

If you put the wires straight to dsm, the speedo and tacho will work if it is not the inverse polarity, however as on any conversion the display will show a speed too advanced or too delayed, then at this stage it will come the speedo-healer on "pic" in order to fix the cluter differences with micro-steps in retard or advance.

Last edited:
Ok, lets create circuit per circuit until we find the princess!!! if it does not work then I will make a "pwm" generator in order to test.

anyway this is just for testing purpose, as I am planning to make a pic conversor once I confirm the circuit components.

Now I will build this 555 astable oscilator in 5 volts 5khz and see what happens on cluster,

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108930&stc=1&d=1272322469

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108929&stc=1&d=1272322469

Attachments

• square.JPG
    square.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,726
  • oscillator.JPG
    oscillator.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 4,017
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back