The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

converting an auto to a manual

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400whptsi

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2010
groveland, New_York
i just got a 95 tsi awd the crappy part is its a auto and the motor is blown first off i was wondering how hard it was to covert to manual and second i have a 1g motor and 5 speed trans can that be put into my 2g

Not too hard, and yes you're 1g engine can go in it. But I would urge you to think about staying auto. Read up on what people are doing with autos and the power they can reliably hold and you may think twice!

I love 5 speeds as well. But once you start making good power and burning through manuals left and right you think otherwise =)

But then again if your goals aren't completely over the top you shouldn't have to worry about this. I'm just a drag oriented guy and going faster and more consistently is a big deal to me. That being said, I plan to stay as a 5 speed as I have spare trans parts in my back garage.

yeah i like to race the 1990 i have in my avatar is my racer but i got a steal on a 95 with blown motor $550 awd turbo this one will be more show than just all go. dont get me wrong ill make her go but not to the extent of my 1g thanks you guys have been very helpful through out all my needs thanks again and keep it up

I am in the same boat as you I picked up a 96 AWD TSi Auto with spun bearings, I am gonna assume its got crank walk and just replace the block. I have thought about going to a manual but the transmissions are hard to find and there are a lot of parts needed to do the swap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back