The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

No spark on a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92nolatist

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2008
Roxbury, New_Jersey
Hey guys, so here's the thing; I washed down my engine bay this afternoon to get it cleaned up a bit. I started it up to leave and saw my a/f gauge was pinned on rich at idle( it went down slowly) and while driving home I noticed that my a/f gauge was not working at all. However it boosted fine and drove fine, but it stalled and started up again on its own only once while I was creeping through traffic. Pulled into a gas station, filled up and started it again to go home. Now a couple hours later, it wont start at all. I checked for fuel and its there but it has no spark. I think that some water got into some of the connectors so I dried them off and sprayed contact cleaner into all the ones I could easily find. Still nothing; I really need your help guys.

Thanks in advance,
Dave M.
92 TSi AWD

Edit: OH, I forgot to mention that i recently swapped a 91 vr4 eprom ecu in to my car (nothing is wrong with it). And i did plugs and wires about a month ago.

Hey thanks for answering me guys.

Ilco187---no I didn't have any problems whatsoeveruntil i washed the engine.

I was thinking the same thing but heres the weird part, with the key on, i disconnected the wire on the CAS then reconnected it again and my IAC buzzed and the Injectors clicked a few times. So I wasn't too sure what to think about that. Any ideas?????

Just a quick update--- my car started on sunday night without me having to replace anything. The CAS was soaked inside and i cleaned and dried it out. Everthing works beautifully again. Thank you everybody.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back