The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

need help running new wire to ecu from knock sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbonitz301

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
lonaconing, Maryland
Hey guys ive been trying to cure my 3.2* of knock, and i have replaced the sensor. So my guess would be the only thing left to do would be to run a new wire from the knock sensor to the ecu. Do i just run the wire from the KS to pin 78?:confused:

Hey guys ive been trying to cure my 3.2* of knock, and i have replaced the sensor. So my guess would be the only thing left to do would be to run a new wire from the knock sensor to the ecu. Do i just run the wire from the KS to pin 78?:confused:

Yes.

you can buy a shielded wire from Radio Shack if you dont already have one. Just get yourself a 5-6' wire to be safe.

You guys may have just figured out the problem. I noticed when i replaced the old sensor there is nothing protecting the wire coming out of the KS. It probably got hot and melted which is why im seeing the default reading for knock

OK. Well now im not quite sure what to do now. I see that the heavy gauge wire running from the KS splits out to a red wire,and black wire, and then once it goes through the plugin they come out white and black on the otherside. Which of these do i need to hook into. Thanks for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back