The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

wiring a wideband into dsmlink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2006
Severna Park, Maryland
I have an innovative wideband hooked up to a analog guage in my car right now. I am running dsmlink and I thought I could wire the 0v-5v output of the wideband into one of the pins on the ecu and then bring it up in dsmlink as my actual a/f. I just dont know which pin on my 1g to hook the wire into. Also should I just tap into the wire or cut and reconnect? Any help with this would be greatly apreciated. I have a stroked 1g with a 50 trim and this is the last thing preventing me from getting this baby tuned. Thanks!

If you go to vfaq and follow the links to electrical, they wil have the pin outs for 2g and
1g ecu. I wired it into my rear o2 pin.

http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.htm

Although I'm running an AEM wideband, I followed this same technique. Good luck!

i checked out vfaq and they only have it for 2g's. I just need to know what wire is a 0-5v pin on a 1g ecu so i can wire it in.

Log into the DSMLink forums. They have a list of 5v-capable ECU inputs for the 1G and the 2G. And you'll want to cut the wire you'll be using completely, so you don't get any erroneous input from whatever sensor you no longer want to pay attention to.

If I am not mistaken, you can't use it directly for your Link setup, but I have a 2g with Link, but I know the 1g's might be different. Don't quote me on it just yet, but my mech that helped me with mine had said that, and if that were the case, you wouldn't need your stock O2 sensors, but you only have 1, I have 2...

They have it in vfaq. Look in the electrical section you will see, "ECU pinouts for 1G turbos." I think it is pin #4 on the diagram. Look it over again. It does not say rear o2 but it says oxygen sensor.

They have it in vfaq. Look in the electrical section you will see, "ECU pinouts for 1G turbos." I think it is pin #4 on the diagram. Look it over again. It does not say rear o2 but it says oxygen sensor.

Yes but this is a 0-1v pin for the o2 sensor on a 1g. plus you need the stock o2 sensor. i just got dsmlink i will try out there forums.

You want to use pin 15, egr temp input. If you have a MAF-T you can select ignore iat/baro and use the barometric sensor input as well, but most people just use the egr temp because it's unused.

how do you bring it up in link after you wire in to pin 15? I wired it in and tryed to find which reading it comes up as in link but none seem to work. The help so far is much apreciated since whenever i try to regester my link it says administration has locked that action.

I believe you select your wideband from the captured values list and Dsmlink will ask you which input you have it connected to. I haven't done this in a while so I might be off a little.

As for registering, just e-mail them and they'll take care of it.

You want to use pin 15, egr temp input. If you have a MAF-T you can select ignore iat/baro and use the barometric sensor input as well, but most people just use the egr temp because it's unused.
That's one you can use. The 1G ECU is a little more limited.

I believe you select your wideband from the captured values list and Dsmlink will ask you which input you have it connected to. I haven't done this in a while so I might be off a little.

As for registering, just e-mail them and they'll take care of it.
That is correct, GVR4592. It's the same as the 2g link.

Definitely email Thomas to get you onto the forums over there. As with any forum, search first, because even this question has been asked and answered.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back