The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cant find the bolt to adjust the clutch pedal under the dash - pics included

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon00b

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 30, 2005
London, Ontario_Canada
First I have a 1st gen, second someone told me it was a 12mm bolt well I tryed to go under there and I couldent see anything so I took some pics to maybe someone here could show me where this is...
this pic is the clutch peddel side (left foot when sitting in drivers side)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

this is near the right foot right above the gas peddel

wheres this bolt that ajusts the clutch peddel?

thanks
Brad :)

Ohh ya one more question theres a button in front and behind the clutch peddel and the clutch pedel isent touching any of the buttons? what are they for?

It is behind that spring. YOU have to stick your head in there far enough to see it.
A little trick. remove the seat and you will be confortable. ;) believe me!:D
You have to make small turns. because It does make a big differences if you turn too much.

BTW check this from vfaq.com
Clutch pedal assembly test - testing to see if your 1G clutch pedal and clutch pedal lever arm need replacing:

1. Press clutch to the floor
2. Let clutch back up
3. Wait 5 seconds
4. Put your foot under the clutch pedal, lift up.

If the clutch pedal moves up at all, the assembly is worn, and you should replace the clutch pedal and the small lever arm that bolts to it (as it is the interface between the 2 that is worn out. See pedal arm and pedal arm end)

Talon00b said:
Ohh ya one more question theres a button in front and behind the clutch peddel and the clutch pedel isent touching any of the buttons? what are they for?

One is for the cruise control and the other one is for start the car. (Press the clutch to start the car, otherwise the car won't go on.)

Attachments

• clutch.JPG
    clutch.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 263
Yep, tito is right. Even jamming your head up there and pushing the gas down with it its still kinda hard to see. :) Its kinda bi*** to get to, just do it by feel. And yes, definately take the seat out and put your feet in the back seat while you work. Its not too uncomfortable that way.

ha ha this is gonna be fun well I tryed doing the clutch pedel test and I couldent move it up which is a good thing but now comes the hard part of taking the seats out and having fun with this LOL man I jsut wanna get this thing going..

ohh crap one more question when i turn it does it automaticly move the bar or do i have to hold it? then tighten it? im kinda confused on what this thing looks like and does

Well you have to loose the Nut.
then Move the rod. - In (toward the front of the car) you are shorting the distance.
- Out (to the back of the car) you are making the distance or the travel longer. or farther back.

All you have to do is turn the shaft with pliers. once you are done lock the NUTS. Otherwise will get everything LOOSE. after you are done. TEST drive. Do as many time is nesecary. I know it is a PITA!

titogs95 said:
Well you have to loose the Nut.
then Move the rod. - In (toward the front of the car) you are shorting the distance.
- Out (to the back of the car) you are making the distance or the travel longer. or farther back.

All you have to do is turn the shaft with pliers. once you are done lock the NUTS. Otherwise will get everything LOOSE. after you are done. TEST drive. Do as many time is nesecary. I know it is a PITA!

hmnmm alright i think i got it thanks alot for the info so ill be moving the rod back since i want it harder and more presure correct?
thanks again

I just did this in my car. If you want the clutch to engage/disengage further from the floor, you would want to move the shaft towards the firewall. If you want the clutch to engage/disengage closer to the floor, move the shaft closer toward the driver seat.

I had to stick the clutch in as hard as I could to the floor so I can change gears. I moved the shaft about two threads toward the firewall, and now its exactly where I want it. A good medium, not too far, not too close from the floor.

Also while your down there, take a light and check for fluid leaking out of the base of the shaft. On our old cars they begin to leak, I know mine is a little.

alright well im under it right now and its at the very last threads and it still hits the floor i think my clutch assembley is worn is this an indication? maybe im doing it wrong and it has to go the other way but when i put it the other way I couldent even start the car (probably not hitting the switch) so im guessing its not that way

heres a better pic of what im talking about... the clutch touches the floor and i wanted it higher so it pushes more presure on it so it can push the bigger clutch i have

this is what it looks like right now any ideas?
B

Well In post Number 3
Will tell you how to realize if the pedal is worn.

Another option you can do is get a 1/4" long rod (slave cylinder rod). But I won't recomend it. It is a band aid. I had it, and for some reason my clutch started slipering (in 3rd gear and it was a new clutch). so I took it out. It is up to you, it might work for you.

I know that I need to remplace the pedal assembly. But I have bigger worries before the clutch...

BTW what is your clutch?

Well I just found out that my pedal is moving about an half an inch to an inch so i got that poroblem to deal with now :( but ya my clutch is this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8007114936
what do you think of it the mechanic said it was a good clutch and presureplate but i donno...
so do you think that the pedel is worn is why i have no more thread to go on?
B :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back