The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Southeast Regional 4G63 Meet ~ February 12th-14th 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUNARFX

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
The 2010 Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet is official and will be held on February 12th ~ 14th of 2010. I've worked hard again for this third installment and made sure that you all have as much fun with saving as much money kept in mind just like the previous Southeast Regional Meet I have hosted in the past.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The first AND second Meet was highly successful so I look forward to seeing all of you return and have more stories and memories to share. So here is the information and itinerary you all have been waiting for...

The host hotel will be the Homewood Suites by Hilton located at 10434 Midtown Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32246. I have been offered an even lower rate than last year since I've made them the official hotel from the very beginning.

I considered parking allowance for anyone who needs the space and the safety of your vehicles. We all spend a lot of time and money on our rides. The hotel is in an amazing location located in the heart of the St. Johns Town Center with full security and has the finest amenities to offer.

I've done a walkthrough and the rooms are Studio style that is +400sq. ft. There is a kitchen and full bath that also include a queen size bed, and a fold out full size bed/couch. After touring the Studio Room, there is ample floor space for two more average size air mattresses.
For the internet savvy...there is FREE WI-FI in all the rooms and not just the lobby area.
FREE WI-FI extends outdoors as far as the property line encompasses for any tuning or networking activity.
Keeping budget in mind, eight people can sleep comfortably in one Studio Room(given they supply their own air mattress).
Feel free to tour the hotel and find out more information...

Extended Stay Hotel - Jacksonville, Florida, FL - Homewood Suites Hotels

To keep the significant others and future Mitsubishi enthusiasts in mind,
the Homewood Suites by Hilton is located in the center of Jacksonville's nicest and newest outdoor shopping mall, St. Johns Town Center. With it being Valentine's Day weekend, I thought it would also be a fine treat having the host hotel in the heart of our best/classiest/cleanest/most beautiful shopping mall.
Given, the mall was not a factor on deciding the host hotel, it was a nice treat to have on hand with the most affordable rates under circumstance.

St. Johns Town Center? - Jacksonville, FL 32246 | Simon Malls

To reserve your hotel room, please contact Barbara Garrison or any hotel representative starting today and inform her that you are reserving a room for the, "Southeast Regional 4G63 Meet." I have signed a contract to have the rate of $134.47/night including all taxes and parking included(Trailers allowed). The deadline for the special rate is January 22, 2010.

Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet Itinerary

February 12, 2010 – FRIDAY
• Check in at Homewood Suites by Hilton and Meet and Greet: 6pm ~ Midnight.

February 13, 2010 – SATURDAY
• Cruise preparation: 10:15am ~ 11:00am
• Lunch at Caddy Shack: Noon ~ 2:40pm
• Photoshoot: 3:00pm ~ 4:30pm
• Dinner at Sneakers Sports Grille: 7:30pm ~ 9:30pm
• Sonic and Spirited Driving: 10:00pm ~ Mid-morning

February 14, 2010 – SUNDAY
• Cruise preparation: 10:30am ~ 11:00am
• Picnic and lunch on the beach at Hanna Park: Noon ~ 5:00pm
• Dinner at The American Cafe at the Jacksonville Landing: 7:00pm ~ 9:00pm

Alternative plans for inclement weather on either day:
• Annual Jacksonville Auto and Truck Show held at the Prime Osborne Convention Center

I truly hope you all look forward to the plans. There are more photo opportunities offered on this Meet with scenic highway cruises and destinations. Here are the highlights to look forward to for this fun weekend!

Highlights...

Murray Bros. Caddyshack is located at the heart of the World Golf Village. The menu includes Sheboygan bratwurst, Chicago hot dogs and Italian beef in addition to salads, pasta, seafood and barbeque.
The history of this restaurant is pretty unique and you can see more on their website.

For more details and a peek at their menu, feel free to visit their website...

http://www.murraybroscaddyshack.com/restaurant/

The cruise will take you through a Scenic Roadway with a beautiful shaded stretch of highway. The sound of aftermarket exhausts actually reverberate under the tunnel of woodland. You'll enjoy it for sure...

Last edited by a moderator:

Last year, the photoshoot was overshadowed by the Anheuser Busch Free Tour, so this time a photoshoot will be of focus to remember the exciting weekend.
A few pictures from the weekend of the original Southeast DSM Regional Meet...

The Sneakers Sports Bar and Grille has eight Brunswick Pool Tables, Golden Tee, Dart Boards and more. Housing three full service bars seating for almost every Pro Football player, seven Big screen TV's that are at least 22 Feet diagonal that will be playing a slideshow of ALL the Meets in the past throughout dinner, and over 80 other TV's there is no such thing as a bad seat. From last year's Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet...

For more details, feel free to visit their website...

Sneakers Sports Grille

Sonic on Saturday evenings is home of the local car meets and ricers galore. Although, there are a good bit of high horsepower imports and domestics that frequent and will be a good starting point for the high spirited driving that will be happening closer to midnight. There are many hotspots in town, and it will be a free for all for anyone who would like to enjoy the evening.

Hanna Park is a very clean and nice park located right on the Atlantic Ocean. Admission is only $3 per vehicle(up to 8 people...and if you can fit that many people in your EVO, I'd hate to see your time slip).

I have reserved an area that has multiple gazebos, volleyball court, beach side access that is literally feet from the parking lot that we will be parked.

There are A LOT of shaded and covered trees for picture opportunities as well.

Bring a surfboard but don't forget your wetsuit since the ocean temperature will still be cold in mid-February.

If you have room for a mountain bike, bring it as there's 20 miles of biking and hiking trails, playgrounds, a 40-acre fresh water lake and a mile and half of beach access.

Please bring some snacks and drinks as well. Bring out your best and just relax with the rest of the DSM/EVO friends that you'll meet. There is plenty to do and of course more fun hanging out with your fellow 4G63 enthusiast. A few pictures from last year's Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet...

The American Cafe is nestled in the heart of downtown Jacksonville inside the Jacksonville Landing. We'll be eating dinner will be on the patio deck against the beautiful St. Johns River.

It will be a sad farewell as I-95 and I-10 intersect within a mile away for easy access for the return trip.

Please note: Handicap accessibility is available throughout the entire weekend as always, even to the path towards the beach pavilion so no enthusiast is left behind.

The nearest airport is the Jacksonville International Airport.

JIA

Something I have never offered in the past, but some have shown interest in flying from other states. If it is possible on a minimum of five members or friends who will fly from out of state, on returning to the airport within a few hours of your flight departure and does not take away from the Meet, I will personally cover your transportation to returning to the airport via an Infiniti QX45 stretch limousine, or equivalent (Land Yacht, Range Rover, etc.) That's only if at least five of you can coordinate on your flight back after 8pm. Here is my primary choice...SPYDR-QT and I...

Last but not least, Tuner Maneuver Magazine will be shooting plenty of photographs of the entire weekend, and will be looking for a DSM, EVO, and even a GVR to do a feature for.

The schedule of events doesn't ever seem much, and like all the previous Meets, is just good old fashion great camaraderie, that is just hard to find nowadays. No sponsors, no vendors, just a good old time appreciating each other's passionate work on anything Diamond Star related. The legwork on making sure these restaurants and destinations can accommodate all of us, making sure your expensive EVO's and DSM's aren't in a high crime area and subject to drive-by shootings, and not to mention the scenic and highway routes for you all to have spirited driving calls for detailed planning. I've also spent time with Property/Security management of the Homewood Suites by Hilton and the Simon Mall property ensuring we will not be harassed with +50 DSM's and EVO's in the parking area.

2006 Southeast Regional DSM Meet group picture...

2008 Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet group picture...

You won't be disappointed. I can't wait to see you all there! Please comment for any questions and please try to stay on topic to help everyone on the 2010 Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet. You may also message me for response as well. Thank you all for the inspiration to do it all again!

I WILL BE UPDATING THE THREAD WITH PICTURES ON EVERY SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY SO STAY TUNED!

It's Sunday so it's picture time!

THE SPECIAL HOTEL RATE WILL END JANUARY 22, 2010!

If you don't reserve your hotel room on or before then, the only option you will have will be the standard rate. I have that rate locked on contract and cannot change up until that date.

RESERVE NOW WHILE THE ROOMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!

(This is not the only board I have this information on so don't judge the attendance by this thread alone.)

Since we're on the hotel topic, check out the next couple of pictures and watch how it wraps around the hotel from the first Meet!!!

Here's the Wednesday picture update continuing around the hotel...

Well, it's Sunday...time to follow the cars around the hotel again...

Still following the 4G63 power around the hotel...

10 MORE DAYS!!

Updating with a picture every single day!!! Get ready to have a blast!!

9 MORE DAYS!!!

7 MORE DAYS!!!

6 MORE DAYS!!!

5 MORE DAYS!!!

Note: The lunch venue has changed, but times and route are still the same.

You should see the other boards I have this thread posted in. It's going to be soooooo much fun! Make sure you introduce yourself as the lone person from this site to come. Haha...I'm Ernie by the way...

4 MORE DAYS!!!

3 MORE DAYS!!!

3 is my lucky number, so you get a view of my own from an EVO, and a view of an EVO from my own!

My first exposure to DSM's was at the 2008 meet in Jacksonville.Had no intentions of doing anything to my GST except drive it. I met so many great people and interesting cars I couldn't resist a few mods. Now look where it has gotten me.
The Southeast Regional Meet 2008

The Mountain meet 2009.

Quite a different car. It will be even better at the 2010 Meet.

Mike

And it's been life altering since!

2 MORE DAYS!!!

Weather report for the weekend is:
TURBO WEATHER!

1 MORE DAY!!!

The time has come, and this is it. So let's do the damn thing! Be safe on the drive to Jacksonville and let's show that this scene is alive and well!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

~ THE MOTHER TRUCKIN' ERNDAWG!

Last edited:
The most recent weather report as of 8am.

PERFECT TURBO WEATHER!!!

All the way down here from TN and at the specified hotel on the top of the forum and don't see any cars. Wondering if I'm at the right place or not. Anyone who has any info on this please give ma a call and let me know. 865-207-7739

Dwayne

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back