The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

My 4G63 SL-R

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slanted J

Supporting VIP
Feb 19, 2002
Janesville, Wisconsin
A few pics of my SL-R (SuperLite - Roadster) that I purchased from RCR in Detroit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Even without all the body panels and fenders on, the rolling chassis looks awesome. The quality of the build is top-notch! RCR didn't cut any corners when making this car.

With most of the options, the final price was around $23K for the rolling chassis (no engine, trans, ecu). An amazing price for the level of performance. Especially compared to a similarly equipped Ariel Atom that cost $70K+!

As of now, the plan is to drop in a stock 6bolt and a Big16G on E85. The car's final weight should be around 1600 lbs or so when all is said and done.

Some quick links to more info:
- SL-R Build Blog
- My SL-R Specs
- SL-R Pricing

Much Thanks to Mr. Peepers, Twicks69 and Kenny!

Very nice, I plan on taking on a project like in the next few years. The hot rod scene with v-8's is overdone, I want to show everyone what a lightweight 4cyl turbo could do in those things. I didn't look through you other links, but is this doing to be fwd, awd, or rwd?

That thing is going to be cool as hell.:D With about half the weight of a normal dsm that thing should be rocket ship. I can't wait to see/hear how it turns out. You get an A+ for trying something different too.:thumb::applause:

I've wanted to do that ever since I saw the ariel atom on top gear

Yeah having awd would be pointless in this type of car and add un needed weight. Just wonder what the weight distribution will be with that motor right at the back. How much power are you looking to make?

Would also be very cool to put a 20B in there revving to 10k.

That looks badass minus the knockoff C6 wheels. It will be fun, there's no doubt.

How much power are you looking to make?
To start off with, probably 300 or so. In theory, that should be plenty, but who knows. Just going to take it slow.

That looks badass minus the knockoff C6 wheels.
Not sure if they are knock-offs or not. Either way, they'll work just fine.

The tires are Hankook Ventus V12 evo:
- rear - 295/30ZR18
- front - 245/35ZR18

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back