The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

18G-6SL2 Goes 387hp/350tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon64

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2007
Milford, New_Jersey
Well after getting the car finally timed right and all the little issues. I took my car to PSI Performance in pa and they did an amazing job tuning my car. I couldnt get the car to not knock and I took it to them in twenty minutes they started making progress. After the end of 10 or so pulls they got it dialed in. 387 was the highest horsepower they could get and I was shocked on a 18g running pump gas. Boosted was around 23 pounds. Awesome group of guys and they can tune just about anything. :hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Thanks justin. I did I couldnt remember what the name was because they took it off fp's website. Surprised they took it off guess they had to many problems when they first came out eating themselves. Fp has such a good customer service and they rebuilt this one under warranty and its been strong since rebuild.

Thanks justin. I did I couldnt remember what the name was because they took it off fp's website.
Try again- you still have it fuct up. There's no "P" in the turbo's name whatsoever. Just copy and paste the following- 18G-6SL2.

Surprised they took it off guess they had to many problems when they first came out eating themselves. Fp has such a good customer service and they rebuilt this one under warranty and its been strong since rebuild.
Your turbo contains no MHI parts, compared to the 68HTA which has all MHI parts aside from the compressor wheel. I think it was a decision based on reliability issues among other things...the 68HTA spools quicker, generates more airflow, has better efficiency across the board, and doesn't cost much more than the 18G-6SL2 did when it was new. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Bringing my thread back to life. I got a retuned and made 390hp and 394tq.
What did your tuner do differently to unlock 40 lb/ft of torque while the horsepower remained nearly unchanged? More boost?

That was for the first tune. He didn't say who did the latest, which it would be quite feasible that it was a different tuner if he picked up 40wtq. Maybe you should do some reading as well...

Clearly says... Little bit of reading goes along ways....
Yea in 2011. Its about 2yrs later now and i wasnt asking you.

That was for the first tune. He didn't say who did the latest, which it would be quite feasible that it was a different tuner if he picked up 40wtq. Maybe you should do some reading as well...
Thanks, at least you understand. The different torque numbers caught my attention and i was curious.

Well this time was on 100 so pump I could have put pump. Same guy tuned my car. Only thing I did was new air filter, fuel filter, moved my external dump farther away from my engine and changed oil to vr1 conventional. 3 more pounds of boost. Psi Performance in landsdale Pa.

Higher then stock compression ratio?

No stock just 20 over

Last edited:

Says he got a retune...

Yea in 2011. Its about 2yrs later now and i wasnt asking you.

I was just letting you know. Wasnt trying to be a dick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back