The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

8 blade HX35- 527wp/487tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard33

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Went to the dyno today to test out the new setup which includes evo3 intake mani, 1g nt throttle body, 3in intercooler and piping, tial Q BOV, and a new tune. I was pretty happy with the results. The car was built and tuned by Shane at ASAPerformance down here in South Florida. Maybe someone can correct me but this has to be one of the highest HP hx35s around.

This is the 8 blade hx35 with the stock backhousing mated to a open ebay t3 manifold. You can check out my full mod list in my profile.

Picture of the motor:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dyno sheet showing all 3 pulls:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

YouTube - dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tvqG9thZpQ

Wheres your log? J/k. Very nice numbers. You seemed to pickup some more power on the dyno. You might beat my record now and your only FWD.

Thanks, I was only on 28lbs before with the stock 2g intake mani/throttle body and a leaky BOV. Now its at 35ish with the evo3 1g nt throttle body and a tial.
I'll be coming for you record for sure! hah

No NOS. Lets do it. Im actually looking for talondaves record on with the 35. Im coming for you. LOL

This thread makes me happy as my 2.3 will be up and running with an 8 blade HX-35 in less than a month. I'm hoping it will get up near 500 AWHP. I don't know how much the bolt on housing will hold it back though in my case.

Good numbers!
What were your previous dyno #s?
Now get that bee-otch back to the track for a 10sec timeslip!:hellyeah:

wow thats impressive, planning on doing pretty much the same thing

Good numbers!
What were your previous dyno #s?
Now get that bee-otch back to the track for a 10sec timeslip!:hellyeah:

I've been to the dyno twice before. I made 280 on a 16g @ 20 lbs and pump gas. I went a few weeks ago before the last round of upgrades and made 465 at 6k rpms. They were having problems with the tach signal though so I couldnt get a clean pull. I'm gonna try to make it to the track this week, 10s or bust!

I think that's his first time to the dyno. Richard me and my homie (jm1080) is def coming to see the beast..gosh you make me this car man LOL Nasty numbers

Ya come check it out! You guys should come by ASAPerformance. Im usually there messing with the car or just hanging out and there are a few pretty fast DSMs there to see.

The video does this car no justice. A few more changes and this car will making alot more power. Legit power pulls. Great job Richard

Thanks man! Looking forward to your dyno day LOL

was that pull on 4th gear ??

ya FWD dsms have pretty long gears. At 8k in 4th gear the car is at 160mph

I hope you braced that ebay manifold or you will find it leaking rather quickly. Post up a log if you have one.

no logs. It's already cracked...twice. It was one of the only things I went cheap on and it's cost me for sure.

Last edited:
He cut a 1.8sec 60ft and ET'd an 11.2 with the hx35.

I'm guessing this was directed at me. I should have worded my question better. What I *should* have said was. On the street, with a street tire (or whatever drag radial of choice you use) does your car have traction issues?

I'm guessing this was directed at me. I should have worded my question better. What I *should* have said was. On the street, with a street tire (or whatever drag radial of choice you use) does your car have traction issues?

With the QTPs if I lower the tire pressure to 15, I can break boost in 2nd and just haze the tires. 3rd dead hooks. On street tires, I broke them loose in 4th...

I'm confused coming from your link thread. Was your boost at around 35psi or 28psi?

28lbs was at the track cause of the cracked manifold.

I got the issues fixed and retuned the car. Rigth off the street I made 520 with no adjustments. The car is tuned now with boost by gear so 1st:17-20, 2nd:25-28 3rd and 4th: 33-36.

What are you using to tune? AEM, DSM Link, Evo 8 ECU?

DSMLink tuned by Shane@ASAP

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back