The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Borg Warner S256 504 awhp opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looking for opinions on my Borg Warner setup/power

its good power.

what wastegate spring are you using? Your loosing a lot of boost, might be time for a good electronic boost controller, something you can set duty cycle on as well as target boost per/rpm.

also, hopefully your using a good external wastegate with atleast a 14lb spring (no more than double spring if you want it to hold half decently), even a 22lb spring would be better.

I ran a s258 on a stock engine at about 29lbs but it crept to 32lbs, it was a nasty turbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice power!

I'd say it's DSM turbine and internal gate by his profile. Tha would also explain the drop in boost as it rev's out.

Good numbers!
I'd try and do something about the boost dropoff as said.

How can you guys tell the boost is slowly dropping? Is it just the small negative slope in the graph?

Yes. On the bottom graph is the boost 'curve' if you will, notice it slowly drops after reaching peak boost around 4500rpm. The top graph is hp/tq, the middle is afr btw. IMO the top graph (hp/tq) drops off after ~6300 due to both the loss of boost and the dsm turbine housing. By swapping to a t3 set up his power would probably continue to rise until his cam/im began to limit him. Just my .02 cents.

Yeah, I'm quite impressed with the power it's making for sure! I've always talked about having work done to the car when I first got it with friends and you know how that goes, lots of times it's all talk. I upgraded the fuel system beyond what I needed it in hopes of swapping to a less restrictive set-up in the future. That's the result of not fully researching before buying...... Now I'll have to invest in suspension, tires, and brakes!!! Thanks for all the input guys!

Great setup, Any more info on it?

I hope to achieve similar results on my HX35 bolton

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looking for opinions on my Borg Warner setup/power

what cams are you running? I run the borgwarner s259 with bolt on housing and i run hks 264 cams and your dyno is almost identical to mine:thumb:

Attachments

• kelvin 504hp 472tq.JPG
    kelvin 504hp 472tq.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 772
Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has no problems holding boost to redline...are you running an external gate? It doesn't mention anything in your profile.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back