The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2gnt Dyno and 1/4Mile

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevermore

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 14, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario_Canada
Well I am kinda happy with my dyno.

I have a CAI, MagnaFlow Cat, and Vibrant Fart Can, EGR Removed, NGK Plugs and Accel Wires, and thats all for engine mods. I did a 136WHP Dyno. Around 156 Crank HP.

Which isn't bad for what I have done.

But I ran a consistant 17.6 1/4 mile, that I am not to happy with... I think it's how I am shifting, next time I am at the track I'll experiment, I am shifting around 6500rpm, should I go higher or what?

any help would be nice.

i think with the N/T's you should go all the way to redline (7000) but a 17.6 is awful no offense though, whats your timeslip look like? i never took my 2Gnt to the track but i know i could have gottin into the 16's with it :| 16's....sheesh and i used to think that car was fast :rolleyes: write down your slip so we might be able to see whats going on. :dsm:

Well I goto the airport by my small town and rip down there with my in car dyno.

It does all that shit.. I don't know I ran another 17.6 today... I can't seem to break it :S
I don't get it. Must be something in how I am shifting...

an 'in car dyno' WTF is that are they even accurate? i would go to the track and get some real numbers. dont trust tose things a friend of mine used one and it told him he was doing a 15.6 1/4 when really hes closer to a 14.6.

17.6 is just bad, they run a 17 flat stock man. Either you don't know how to launch your car or know how to shift. Launch around 1.5k to 2.5k rpm's and shift at redline. You should be pulling 16.4's all day long buddy. Good luck

As fast as your car is at the airport or on the street. You'll be suprised how slow it is at the track. I can almost guarantee you'll be in the 18s the first time at the track. I used to think my car was quick for stock; then I ran a best of 16.4 at 85 (not to mention a few other factors making it slower). Good luck with it anyway.

Jake

Well this In car dyno thing is a POS. Because my buddy has a TSi with a Magnus Stage 3 Motor and he can beat ALOT of cars, and that dyno thing said he ran a 15.5... and there is NOOO way he can run a 15.5 unless he was retarded. I launch my car like gold and shit it like gold... So I must be the dyno. I might just toss it in the garbage :p

I hear they're decently accurate if you calibrate it correctly. What one do you have?

Jake

nevermore said:
Well I am kinda happy with my dyno.

I have a CAI, MagnaFlow Cat, and Vibrant Fart Can, EGR Removed, NGK Plugs and Accel Wires, and thats all for engine mods. I did a 136WHP Dyno. Around 156 Crank HP.

Which isn't bad for what I have done.

But I ran a consistant 17.6 1/4 mile, that I am not to happy with... I think it's how I am shifting, next time I am at the track I'll experiment, I am shifting around 6500rpm, should I go higher or what?

any help would be nice.

If you are serious about this car, Id recommend a hahn turbo kit for :thumb: you

I have not taken my car to the track but would be interested in what it would run. I have just mild bolt ons but if i couldn't hit the high 15's i would be embarrassed. I am going to put on cams and throttle body and consider it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back