Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Drivetrain Tech
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Drivetrain Tech: 4G63 transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 11:31 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 13.818 @ 0.000
Tech Posts: 67
Photos: 7
Classifieds Rating: 0

Sachs - Clutch Kit is good?

hi i will buy a new clutch kit, in oreally have the Sachs with ceramic disc, is this a good clutch? is for a talo Tsi AWD

Sachs KF735-01CB - Clutch Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 129
Classifieds Rating: 5
The search button is your friend, on the forums ACT products, Exeddy, and Southbend products all get pretty good reviews as far as clutches go. Best of luck!

Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 13.818 @ 0.000
Tech Posts: 67
Photos: 7
Classifieds Rating: 0
my question is for Sachs not for the ACT or exedy, i know the ACT is good.

but i can not buy an ACT in this moment.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:26 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: Mitsubishi mightymax
Tech Posts: 108
Classifieds Rating: 7
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm a little interested in the same clutch setup. The local dealership doesn't have a tob at this moment and I would have to order it. I'm interested in the the whole kit because I heard sachs was a good oem replacement from most friends, but not all cars are made the same. Input needed from the Dsm comunity.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:30 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Banned Member

Tech Posts: 429
Classifieds Rating: 1
ill give this a bump, im split between using a spec stage 3 or the sachs racing clutch from oreillys. the upside is im ordering from a store right down the street with the sachs clutch and they have a lifetime warranty. i dont plan on beating the shit outta this car but it will eventually be capable of 400hp. forged internals, ported and polished head all being done right now.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 212
Photos: 16
no!!! sach is CRAP!! i've had a couple of cars come to my house and had those (3FWD and 2 AWD) and the one that lasted the longest was 2500 miles no kidding on an awd about 5 launches and its gone the ONLY good this about the sach is that TOB and the guide lol

hey si vas a comprar el sach del auto value o Oreillys aqui en el paso tx they dont work at all you'll burn it quick

Last edited by yoshi_tony; 07-15-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 179
Go with southbend sir!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,116
Classifieds Rating: 3
Bump: Just put around 500 miles stock at 11psi t25, then another 500 miles with my current profile. Ive got a solid 325 hp from butt dyno and just tonight after i dialed in some more mafs did my best 3rd gear pull yet. Very low knockret(1degree) and thats when she let up: the poor sachs slipped!! Its an HD PP, with a 6puck sprung disk oreilly part number KF735-01CB KF73501CB KF735 01CB
just so every one finds this. I broke the clutch in along with my engine very well. IVe owned a few cars and know how to treat a clutch so i have to rule out user error here. Im not bummed though, i have a warranty and my god before the slip, this car scares the shit outta me and its only 23psi with a 5858, 30psi is gonna be crazy