Sachs - Clutch Kit is good?

Posted by _dOp_skyLINe, Apr 8, 2011
Drivetrain Tech - 4G63 transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

1. _dOp_skyLINe

_dOp_skyLINe Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Juarez, Central_America
    hi i will buy a new clutch kit, in oreally have the Sachs with ceramic disc, is this a good clutch? is for a talo Tsi AWD

Sachs KF735-01CB - Clutch Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts
  2. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Portland, Oregon
    The search button is your friend, on the forums ACT products, Exeddy, and Southbend products all get pretty good reviews as far as clutches go. Best of luck!
  3. _dOp_skyLINe

_dOp_skyLINe Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Juarez, Central_America
    my question is for Sachs not for the ACT or exedy, i know the ACT is good.

but i can not buy an ACT in this moment.
  4. Ryan4dc

Ryan4dc Proven Member

Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm a little interested in the same clutch setup. The local dealership doesn't have a tob at this moment and I would have to order it. I'm interested in the the whole kit because I heard sachs was a good oem replacement from most friends, but not all cars are made the same. Input needed from the Dsm comunity.
  5. josh1095

josh1095 Banned Member

st. jacob, Illinois
    ill give this a bump, im split between using a spec stage 3 or the sachs racing clutch from oreillys. the upside is im ordering from a store right down the street with the sachs clutch and they have a lifetime warranty. i dont plan on beating the sh** outta this car but it will eventually be capable of 400hp. forged internals, ported and polished head all being done right now.
  6. yoshi_tony

yoshi_tony Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    El Paso, Texas
    no!!! sach is CRAP!! i've had a couple of cars come to my house and had those (3FWD and 2 AWD) and the one that lasted the longest was 2500 miles no kidding on an awd about 5 launches and its gone the ONLY good this about the sach is that TOB and the guide LOL

hey si vas a comprar el sach del auto value o Oreillys aqui en el paso tx they dont work at all you'll burn it quick
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  7. ENICKB

ENICKB Proven Member

Morgantown, West_Virginia
    Go with southbend sir!
  8. boost97gst

boost97gst Proven Member

st jacob, Illinois
    Bump: Just put around 500 miles stock at 11psi t25, then another 500 miles with my current profile. Ive got a solid 325 hp from butt dyno and just tonight after i dialed in some more mafs did my best 3rd gear pull yet. Very low knockret(1degree) and thats when she let up: the poor sachs slipped!! Its an HD PP, with a 6puck sprung disk oreilly part number KF735-01CB KF73501CB KF735 01CB
    just so every one finds this. I broke the clutch in along with my engine very well. IVe owned a few cars and know how to treat a clutch so i have to rule out user error here. Im not bummed though, i have a warranty and my god before the slip, this car scares the sh** outta me and its only 23psi with a 5858, 30psi is gonna be crazy