The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

customrsturbo 2G - 420a: 10.87@135

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customrsturbo

Probationary Member
Dec 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
November 13, 2010.

Orlando Speed World
Orlando, FL

1995 2G Eclipse 420A
Megasquirt ECU
GT35R @ 30 psi
E-85
24.5 X 8.5 M&H Racemaster Slicks

60ft - 1.762
1/8 - 7.203
MPH - 101.93
1/4 - 10.872
MPH - 135.12

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w218/suero/E85-Track002.jpg

Battery died, so no video was recorded of the run.

Still running my 2004 (6 years old) block with same JE 8.8 pistons and Eagle Rods. Factory head with Crower Stage 2 Cams and Crane Valve Springs.

Will try higher boost levels on December 12, 2010 - War of the Imports.

Damn, those are some good numbers. Glad to see a 420a doin work!:hellyeah:

So you've eclipsed (pun intended) Bill Hahn's 10.87 for the fastest 420a dsm! Nice job! I don't remember what Hahn's mph was though, and please correct me if someone already passed him up and I missed it. Good job though!

So you've eclipsed (pun intended) Bill Hahn's 10.87 for the fastest 420a dsm! Nice job! I don't remember what Hahn's mph was though, and please correct me if someone already passed him up and I missed it. Good job though!
That's correct Shane. He's tied (hasn't really eclipsed ;)) the 420a overall record.

Congrats Cesar :thumb: Like I said before, you got a month and a half to beat the record this year. Big congrats

(and you thought you were out of cash :p)

MB

That's correct Shane. He's tied (hasn't really eclipsed ;)) the 420a overall record.

Congrats Cesar :thumb: Like I said before, you got a month and a half to beat the record this year. Big congrats

(and you thought you were out of cash :p)

MB

Thanks! We will see on December 13, 2010 - War of the Imports in Orlando. This is the last event of the year. Hopefully I will be breaking the record that day.

congrats on the record Cesar, haven't seen you at the track in a while but it's good to know that you are still beating on the eclipse hehehe

congrats cesar!!! im glad to see th car out and shooting for the record. thanks for the transfer =)

Thank you Fernando and congrats to you too on the Dyno HP and Tq at CFT. Also on your new ET of 10.7@129. The car is strong! NICE!
Will you be ready for War of the Imports?, the event was rained-out and it will be sometime in January 2011. I only had two runs, 11.1@135 and 11.5@133 with a bad launch.
This is the last run: http://www.grs-motorsports.com/noticias/foro/videos/usa/orlando/12dic2010/4.wmv

I only had two runs, 11.1@135 and 11.5@133 with a bad launch.
Aw crap, I was so hoping :pray:

Well, at least you backed up your 10.99 second run (I mean with the 10.87 run). So now you and Hahn are the only one's in the ten's. That's pretty elite company right there.

Congrats again.

MB

Aw crap, I was so hoping :pray:

Well, at least you backed up your 10.99 second run (I mean with the 10.87 run). So now you and Hahn are the only one's in the ten's. That's pretty elite company right there.

Congrats again.

MB

Thanks Bulletdsm! I will hit the track with more boost now, so let see how it runs.
How is you car running? Any more updates?

Thanks Bulletdsm! I will hit the track with more boost now, so let see how it runs.
How is you car running? Any more updates?
I ended up parting out the turbo. It just took too much time away from my NA. Just can't find time to race two cars as a single backyard racer.

Trying to get the 16 to 1 engine done for the NA next spring. As usual, I hate you Florida guys who can run all year round ;).

Upping the boost eh? Here's hoping she doesn't spit anything out :thumb:

I'll tell you what, if you don't break the record, I will throw a 150 shot at the 12.5 engine and see if we can break it that way, LOL.

Good luck, my man.
MB

I ended up parting out the turbo. It just took too much time away from my NA. Just can't find time to race two cars as a single backyard racer.

Trying to get the 16 to 1 engine done for the NA next spring. As usual, I hate you Florida guys who can run all year round ;).

Upping the boost eh? Here's hoping she doesn't spit anything out :thumb:

I'll tell you what, if you don't break the record, I will throw a 150 shot at the 12.5 engine and see if we can break it that way, LOL.

Good luck, my man.
MB

Sorry to hear about the part out. But at least you still have the N/A. The 16:1 built should be a nice interesting build. Let me know how it goes.

Yes we can run all year, and that is NICE! Sorry!

You know how is it: No guts, no glory! Lets see how much the 6 years old bottom end will hold at higher boost. At least the E85 will allow me to put a little more strain in the engine with a better margin for error.

Have you tried E85? Do you have this fuel available? With your 12.5:1 and E85 tune you should be doing more horsepower with no other modification. With this fuel, the 150 shot can be done. Remember, everything is in the tuning.

Thank you for wishing me luck. I will let you know the outcome.

Have you tried E85? Do you have this fuel available? With your 12.5:1 and E85 tune you should be doing more horsepower with no other modification. With this fuel, the 150 shot can be done. Remember, everything is in the tuning.
That's a negatory on the "magic" gas. We got some somewhere in Mass, but its about 2 hours away. If I get forced to spray the 12.5 (by you not breaking the record ;) ) I'll probably be running 116 (I run 110 right now). If she blows up, she blows up, as you said no guts no glory :thumb:

MB

Well as for your avenger who I couldn't tell you what the "record" would be. The fastest 420a dsm is a 10.87, but the 420a has gone significantly faster in it's neon version. Some of you 420a guys fill in the details haha, it's been to long for me.

Well as for your avenger who I couldn't tell you what the "record" would be. The fastest 420a dsm is a 10.87, but the 420a has gone significantly faster in it's neon version.
Sorry Shane the Neon does not have a 420a engine in it. Lol, go ask them on neons.org ;)

MB

Sorry Shane the Neon does not have a 420a engine in it. Lol, go ask them on neons.org ;)

MB

Wow that's interesting, don't mean to threadjack but, wow you can buy parts for the 420a neon motor and everything LOL. I searched and read what you posted though, hey if they don't want to call it a 420a, even if it is so close to the same stinking motor, then whatever ROFL

Wow that's interesting, don't mean to threadjack but, wow you can buy parts for the 420a neon motor and everything LOL. I searched and read what you posted though, hey if they don't want to call it a 420a, even if it is so close to the same stinking motor, then whatever ROFL
All true^^^ but some of them get pretty testy about calling it a 420a, LOL.

As for times (just for clarification) a quick looksy over at neons.org brings up these top three;

1.Mike Crawford / DCR Green 1G Coupe / 9.07 @ 159
2. Len Ayala / Hahn Black 1G Coupe / 9.22 @ 156
3. Steve Lockett / Black 1G Coupe / 9.77 @ 144

(also keep in mind that these may not even be 2.0 blocks. I seem to remember Lenny and Steve as running 2.4 bottom ends. And if that's Mike from DCR, I'm pert near postive they are running at least a 2.4 bottom end)

Now for further clarification, these are on the Neon platform, not the Eclipse (less weight, less rolling resistance, better support, better airflow characteristics, more experienced drivers/crews etc.). Yes different air flow characteristics and design. As well as different platform to work with.

But the Eclipse 420a platform record remains. In all these years, nobody (that we know of) has run one faster than 10.87 (and yes many have made attempts at it). And Hahn has had that record for many years.

But IMO, the difference between the Neon records and the Eclipse records is multifaceted. First off, because they are "Mopar" they have a big advantage in "acceptability". There are some highly experienced racers running the Neons because they are an "Amurican" car, LOL. Mopar guys with lots of experience already. That leads into the support of the product, more people invloved more products developed (especially tuning choices). Then you get better racers running, you get more competition.

For brevity's sake, I think that's enough, LOL. Suffice it to say, the 420a Eclipse record stands on its own. I sometimes challenge the Neons guys who think they can (of which there are very few. They, as a group, absolutely give me respect for the accomplishemnts of the Eclipse), to feel free and hop in to "our" playing field to see if they can beat me with their own Eclipse; I have yet to get a taker.

So kudo's to Cesar for his long term endevour. Just .01 step away from beating a company owned and sponsored car. Much respect to you sir :thumb:

MB

Don't think I'm thread jacking on this Cesar. I felt the necessary background of what you are doing was needed.

GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP..
BUT
just wait till the tack opens up here in colorado again

at the end of last year i trapped 145mph and ran an 11.1

Once i get some more seat time in my times will get better.

That's a quick 420. Nice work!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back