Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Regional DSM Events > Midwest Region DSM > Des Moines Area DSM Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Des Moines Area DSM Forum: Des Moines metro and surrounding areas

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 06:07 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 28
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via MSN to R Squared

Dead around here

Moved from Oregon last October and car has been in storage since. Looking to get it up and going this weekend, is there anyone still alive around here???

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:29 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 487
Photos: 26
Classifieds Rating: 1
i live in fort dodge. but my car is stored at a buddys in the farthest most corner of iowa torn apart atm i drive a wrx daily though but yes they are but they are hidding in there garages very cold lol
View photos of this member's car 

Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 0
Welcome to Iowa! The Des Moines forum is pretty dead on this site.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:33 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 28
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via MSN to R Squared
Is there a local forum or group that is active?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 79
Classifieds Rating: 3
Here is my shameless plug for my website! We have a small group around the Des Moines/Ames area called DSTA. The site is located at http://clubdsta.net. The forum is not very active this time of year, though.

Also, you can check out the more general import boards for the area. They include http://www.jdmcity.com and http://www.dragsource.net. Watch out for JDM City, though. Its a lot of honda fanboys that just sit there and make fun of anything else.

We are going to talk about a cruise/meet probably in the Ankeny area in the next month to get things rolling again.

I personally am from the Mason City area about 2 hours north of you. I am not afraid to drive my Civic to meet up. My talon is not up for long trips at this time.

Visit redleader36's homepage! 

Old 03-01-2010, 10:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader36 View Post
Here is my shameless plug for my website! We have a small group around the Des Moines/Ames area called DSTA. The site is located at DSTA. The forum is not very active this time of year, though.

Also, you can check out the more general import boards for the area. They include JDMCITY.COM and DragSource - Iowa Street & Drag Racing. Watch out for JDM City, though. Its a lot of honda fanboys that just sit there and make fun of anything else.

We are going to talk about a cruise/meet probably in the Ankeny area in the next month to get things rolling again.

I personally am from the Mason City area about 2 hours north of you. I am not afraid to drive my Civic to meet up. My talon is not up for long trips at this time.
Hey Matt, let me know when you're coming to Ankeny. The VR4 will still be put away but I will meet up with you guys.

http://www.iowaautoforums.com/ is another local site with a fair amount of dsm owners on it.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: avenger 2.4 swap:boosted
Tech Posts: 713
Photos: 5
Classifieds Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to glowryder
yea hopefully it will warm up so i can get my toys out.. we should plan a meet or something?
Visit glowryder's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Last year on Feb 28th we had a meet starting from Walmart, Ames cruising to Buffalo Wild Wings, Ankeny. That was a pretty good success! EclipseGS was kind of the one who organized that meet. He and myself are talking about something similar within a month or so.

I guess, lets start talking. Could Sat. March 27th work for you guys? Rather Sat. April 3rd? Also, what should we do for the event? I really liked last year's B-Dub cruise. Do you guys want to do something similar?

Looking at google maps, i could see meeting at Walmart again around noon and cruising to B-dubs (or a different restauraunt) in Ankeny. Then we could head west out of Ankeny out to Saylorville lake for some twisticle roads and some pics/tree hugging. After that we could return to Ames and hit Perfect Games for some LaZ0r TAG action!

What do you guys think?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:13 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Any Saturday will work for me.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

eclipseGS isn't on the computer much anymore, but he says he likes April 3rd. We are talking about meeting at Walmart, Ames @ 2pm and B-dubs, Ankeny @ 3pm. Any Des Moines/Ankeny guys could just meet @ B-Dubs @ 3pm.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

id be down! any weekend works for me, as long as its sunny and no water on the road lol.. i baby my dsms lol..

also, ill extend this to a few avenger/sebrings around, if any one doesnt have an objection lol.. but i hope not ...b/c im a venge lol..

Old 03-05-2010, 08:37 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

No objections here! (If anybody gives you crap, show them the DSM stamp on your firewall VIN plate )

Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

lol.. i shall.. then ill point to the turbo.. lolz

also , redleadr, same on on clubdsta? i assume lol

Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

yes. i am redleader36 just about everywhere . . all corners of the internet :P

Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

corners! you found an end !? lol

kool kool, im pirate on club D

Old 03-06-2010, 09:38 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Probationary Member

I'll be there in something.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:20 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 15
Im in for another meet preaty much any weekend
Visit gs-t SPYDER's homepage! 

Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 12
Im out in West Des Moines..i got a buddy with a dsm too if you guys r lookin for more people

Old 03-14-2010, 08:25 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Proven Member

ill be there for the meet for sure!

for the more local guys dsm/wsdm/urbandale etc, we should do like a every weekend or everyother kinda thing, i like to cruise on the weekend, i think it would be nice to show some numbers.. jus an idea lol

Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 176
Classifieds Rating: 26
Send a message via AIM to sax_man
I'd be down for some regular meets. We need to be pushing the dsta website to the other locals too.