The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

T-25 to T-28 compressor wheel swap...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ginto1g

Probationary Member
Sep 30, 2003
OhioUS
I did some searching on the subject and came up empty handed. I even tried doing searching off the tuner's site on search engines IE google, yahoo, etc etc.

Back to the question, right now I'm a little short on cash due to a prolonged 1g swap, so I want to try to get the most outta my money. I have a mint t-25 on my car right now, so I'm wondering if I can purchase a t-28 compressor wheel and swap it with little machine work done to the turbo? Has this been done before? I can't imagine that no one hasn't tried it themselves. Thanks for any responses in advance!

Rocky

Well not exactly, the wheel is from a Big T-28 Killer, or so the guy says. He also states that he can be swapped with no problems. Well I guess that ends that thought.

www.agp.com could build you one...but why you wouldn't spend the extra money and buy a t28 is beyond me...you could prolly sell teh "mint" t25 and make up for it anyway;)

At a minimum all the pieces will need to go to a turbo shop to have the compressor housing machined to fit the new wheel. The turbo shop can give you the final answer on whether it will work or not.

Originally posted by Airpoppoff
Mitsu housing + Garrett Wheel = no

Your post makes no sense at all. First, the T25 isn't made by mitsubishi...and neither is the T28. Secondly, there is no problem with making hybrid turbos...assuming dsm-perf isn't putting it together.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back