The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stock boost PSI vs Bar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuroGSTSpyder

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2002
Stockholm, Europe
I installed the boost gauge now and made a temporary setup before mounting it as it should be.I went out for a test drive and it read 0.9Bar at WOT.......and I have no clue what that means in PSI:-( I have seen the numbers before and have them at home but not here at the garage....so does anyone know how much 0.9bar is in Psi?

If I can get the numbers right then I know what to turn the boost up to at max (15PSi tops)when the MBC goes in too.....Dont want to go to high and blow the engine:-((

Originally posted by EuroGSTSpyder
I installed the boost gauge now and made a temporary setup before mounting it as it should be.I went out for a test drive and it read 0.9Bar at WOT.......and I have no clue what that means in PSI:-( I have seen the numbers before and have them at home but not here at the garage....so does anyone know how much 0.9bar is in Psi?

If I can get the numbers right then I know what to turn the boost up to at max (15PSi tops)when the MBC goes in too.....Dont want to go to high and blow the engine:-((

If I remember correctly you need to multiply .9 bar to 14.5 and that will equal your boost in psi (somebody correct me if this is wrong). So right now you are boosting about 13 psi.

1bar=14.7 psi. So you're .9 is probably right at 14psi.

Later,

does it sound right to be 14psi when nothing is done to the car as far as I know except a open airfilter from Piper Cross? I do not know of anything else done yet.....

Ya i have a Blitz BL series boost gauge so I always have to convert. :)

Later,

Originally posted by EuroGSTSpyder
does it sound right to be 14psi when nothing is done to the car as far as I know except a open airfilter from Piper Cross? I do not know of anything else done yet.....

That doesn't sound right to me if you only have an air filter and you are already boosting 14 psi!!! :confused:

well I wouldnt say the gauge is the best either..*S*..I just put a low priced aftermarket in to see what I was at...will be putting in a autometer next week....maybe it will read alittle lower too..I dont know yet.

We will see what happens then..and I will also add a MBC so I can turn it the way I want to.

By the way..does any one know if the 3000GT bov is better then the stock on a 1997 GST? I have no idea what they can hold ..anyone?And also..is the fuelpump on a 3000gt an upgrade for a Eclipse?If so..how much is the diference between the stock and a 3Kgt one?

Yes a 3KGT BOV is better not sure the PSI It can hold. there fuel pump is also an upgrade it is a 190LPH pump. 14psi is fine with just an air filter. It should not hold that till redline but is fine as max boost.

Later,

Well I tested it and it was 14psi at the max...then dropped to 10-11...so its ok :)

I have a 3Kgt BOV to try out with...dunno if it makes any difference though.The pump on the stock eclipse..how big is the flow on that one ?How far will the 3Kgt pump take me..maybe better to go 255 walbro directly..?

then why am I hitting 10?its not stock--stage 3 buscher--open air--few other mods---10 all day long??????why me???

no thats all I get is 10psi no more--I have a turboxs bov and it holds it in, but never goes over 10-no vac leaks i/c doesnt leak nor do the pipes for the i/c:confused: :confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back