The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ducting for fmic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed1380

Supporting VIP
Sep 29, 2007
ATL, Georgia
This is a fast cheap and easy way to make your radiator get more airflow to keep the temps down.

Supplies needed:
sockets and wrenches to remove fmic and radiator.
Scissors
2-3 rolls of weather stripping

The weatherstripping was purchased from home depot racing supply at $3.50 per roll. It took exactly 2 rolls to do the fmic and radiator.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The radiator was sealed to the condenser and radiator support. It took 2 layers of the 3/4 by 5/16" stripping to make a tight seal.

Sealing the intercooler would be different for everyone. But here is how I did it.

When I get done making the cowl to seal the bumper to fmic ill update it.

This is a fast cheap and easy way to make your radiator get more airflow to keep the temps down.

Supplies needed:
sockets and wrenches to remove fmic and radiator.
Scissors
2-3 rolls of weather stripping

The weatherstripping was purchased from home depot racing supply at $3.50 per roll. It took exactly 2 rolls to do the fmic and radiator.

The radiator was sealed to the condenser and radiator support. It took 2 layers of the 3/4 by 5/16" stripping to make a tight seal.

Sealing the intercooler would be different for everyone. But here is how I did it.

When I get done making the cowl to seal the bumper to fmic ill update it.
Did you finish this at least the cowl part you mention here?

I only wish you had posted the dimensions of the pieces of wood you placed but its not hard to figure out. I cant wait to start this. Car temps reached 223 degrees friday 82 degrees outside and humid in NYC. IATs went as high as 140 degrees. Not good. I had to shut the car down. Also purchased 350z intake vents for the bumper and a RRE hood vent.

Now what if i don't have the condenser. Does everything still apply the same? Sorry to be asking so many questions. Just blew a head gasket due to over heating.

Now what if i don't have the condenser. Does everything still apply the same? Sorry to be asking so many questions. Just blew a head gasket due to over heating.

Yes, same concept, you'd obviously just need to figure out a way to seal the FMIC core to the rad support and then the radiator to the rad support, since there's no condenser in between..

Ok let me get this straight.

I just use weatherstripping around the radiator and the fmic and call it a day right?
Weatherstripping if you have the AC condenser still n your car.if not you need to just box in the area between the fmic and the radiator. lookup ducting in the search there are quite a few good setups,posted.Especially this one here. This thread here is what worked for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back