The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Gear Speeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

check in your owners manual if you still have it. I think it says there.

just from what I know of my car.

1st gear, I don't know for sure, but it is short

2nd gear goes to 60mph at 7000rpm

3rd gear goes to 99mph at 7000rpm.

4th goes way to fast at 7000rpm :)

Stock top speed is supposed to be 135mph, but I dunno about that, Id say its faster.

i think that the only diff with the FWD cars are that they have a taller 5th gear. Lucky buggers :)

I dont think so, i driven a stock 1st gen FWD eclipse.In 2nd gear i hit 73 past red line.

Originally posted by 93_GEE_ES_EX
I dont think so, i driven a stock 1st gen FWD eclipse.In 2nd gear i hit 73 past red line.

Well that's a FWD... but i'm pretty sure he's talking about AWD because that's what this thread is about. Unless fwd and awd have the same gear speeds or whatever. In that case i don't know.

Straight from the manual; maximum speed in first gear for NT is 31 mph, turbo FWD 34 mph, AWD 31 mph. Second gear for NT 53, turbo FWD 59, AWD 53. Third gear NT 81, FWD 90, AWD 81. It doesn't say what the top speed is for 4th and 5th, but I know that on the freeway at 75 mph both the FWD and AWD 1G are turning at 3,500 rpm in 5th gear.

Oh and by the way that manual doesn't say what exact rpm that is. My guess is they're playing it a bit on the safe side. I've personally gone over 100 mph in 3rd in my FWD, it says so on my timeslip.

Originally posted by Devicex
I've been to about 107 in 3rd, so I'd say too that those numbers are a bit low.

His car is a stock 1g. Not a modified 2g. I would also say that these numbers are low because I dont think the factory would really abuse an engine by hitting redline in every gear. You can rev past redline anyhow. I have mis shifted twice and hit 9000 rpm and nothing broke.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back