The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

HAHN Sounds and video

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LifeRollsOn

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2002
Lebanon_PA
Is anybody with the Hahn kit ever gonna post a sound clip of what their car sounds like? I know a few of you have talked about it but nobody ever did it:confused:
I'm sure many of us would like to hear it.

i have the video made. its still wet, but hopefully it will give you an idea of the sound and feel. ill make another once it dries up around here. give me a minute to get it up to a server

A Mod should sticky this!

http://tektonic.micgi.com

In here you will find 3 files.

siueclipse_bov.mp3 - this is a sound bite of my car with a greddy type s BOV

siueclipse-driving1.mpg
siueclipse-driving2.mpg

both of these files are large so make sure you are on a fast connection. the first drive is on the way home and the second is on the way to the import shop, unfortunatly its raining. ill make better ones.

Any questions, feel free to post.

If someone could please mirror these, that would be great.

James

Is that the HRC upgraded fuel pump? Is it normal for that fuel pump to be that loud? Its almost intolerable:p
My bass speakers were shakin from the exhaust sound - what exhaust is that? Sounds like my Ractive. Cool clip overall tho! Next time show the engine bay, and have your GF tape you from outside passin by real fast. :thumb:

Originally posted by Initial DSM
Is that the HRC upgraded fuel pump? Is it normal for that fuel pump to be that loud? Its almost intolerable:p
My bass speakers were shakin from the exhaust sound - what exhaust is that? Sounds like my Ractive. Cool clip overall tho! Next time show the engine bay, and have your GF tape you from outside passin by real fast. :thumb:

that is the hrc inline fuel pump. you add it to the system, you don't replace anything. i have dynamat on my floor already. yeah it is loud but only when you are going slow. you get used to it. im currently running stock exhaust with just a muffler. im getting 2.5" turbo back in a couple weeks.

When are you gonna be able to make a vid on dry roads so we can see what that kit can really do? Thanks so much for those vids.... if you make one on dry road could you say out loud the speed you are doing like you did several times in those vids because it's kind of hard to see. Like say them every 10-15mph as you are accelerating so we can tell how fast you are picking up speed.

Why does your A/F ratio gauge go into lean all the time... that's what that red dot means right..? Is it supposed to do that? The dot looks like it's always changing where it's at.

Originally posted by siueclipse

that is the hrc inline fuel pump. you add it to the system, you don't replace anything. i have dynamat on my floor already. yeah it is loud but only when you are going slow. you get used to it. im currently running stock exhaust with just a muffler. im getting 2.5" turbo back in a couple weeks.

That sound is ridiculous. They gotta do better than that. I'm gonna call em on monday. Theres gotta be an alternative to that, similiar to what you did with the bov idea. Damn, I just had to get my fuel pump replaced too. waste of money :cry:

Originally posted by LifeRollsOn
When are you gonna be able to make a vid on dry roads so we can see what that kit can really do? Thanks so much for those vids.... if you make one on dry road could you say out loud the speed you are doing like you did several times in those vids because it's kind of hard to see. Like say them every 10-15mph as you are accelerating so we can tell how fast you are picking up speed.

ill do one on a nice day

Originally posted by LifeRollsOn
Why does your A/F ratio gauge go into lean all the time... that's what that red dot means right..? Is it supposed to do that? The dot looks like it's always changing where it's at.

the dot always changes when you are just running down the road. when you are flooring it, it should go green. my air/fuel is right on.

fuel pumps are always loud, especially higher volume aftermarket pumps. Basically you just have to deal with it.

makin this a sticky as i'm sure it'll get asked more than once.

i'm also gonna merge in the other thread and clean it up a little bit as well, get some of the fluff out.:thumb:

at what rpm does your turbo begin to spool siu? I have an automatic and i'm gettin the stage 2 next month and i know that the hrc s16g is better cause it spools faster than the t3/t4, how soon do you start to feel boost? thanks bro Hektic

When you first set up your kit did you have any problems getting the boost to 10psi... like were you loosing boost through your intercooler or anything or did it just work out to the right boost the first time... if you had problems what did you to to fix it because I am wondering how hard it is to get it set right around 10psi?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back