The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2012
San Diego, California
So many different topics on the search button for clutches... :cry:
Please don't flame...

So I will get to the point...

I will be replacing my clutch within the next 3 weeks... I am going to go to southland clutch here in San Diego and see what they offer me... I talked to a guy and he said I would waste about 233 or so I don't remember...

Anyways before I go What clutch should I be looking at getting?

The car is a N/T Eclipse 95 RS... No modifications... Just my DD... Stock pretty much...

Also I don't want to waste an arm and a leg on a stock clutch that will break my balls for 400-500$ :nono: :cry:

If you have read this far... Please give me some thoughts on what kind of clutch I should get... Thank you very much! :thumb: :hellyeah: :D

VelocitàPaola;153086492 said:
For DD use in an unmodified car, just get another stock clutch.

For performance, South Bend Clutch in Indiana has a good reputation for quality clutches. They have a variety of different clutches, at least one of which should be within your budget.

South Bend Clutch - Dodge clutch kits and Kevlar Pilot Brgs. Dnya Max Clutch Kits for high performance.

Yeah I know about the stock clutch already, but thats gonna run about 400$ 1995 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE Parts - Mitsubishi Parts Center - Call (800) 341-8513 for Genuine Mitsubishi Parts and Accessories + installation fee where ever I go get it installed also breaks my balls!

I called South Bend and the guy told me a lot of people go in for a clutch for N/T and he said 233$ or so so I was surprised! I honestly thought it was going to be at least 300 +

Is there anything in particular I should be looking at? or should I just take their word that the clutch will be good for a DD?:confused:

RockAuto has a ton of different clutches, from $110 to $340, but I would trust South Bend's expertise...

Spec clutch has good stock to slightly up grade clutches for good prices. I had the stage 2+ and it was great for my dd. It also held up great to awd launches. I would look into them.

Hard to go wrong with stock set-up. SBC has fine clutches. F1 racing clutch (on E-Bay) is tried and true (I've gotten them into the 10's of thousands of miles). PT Cruiser clutch. Stock as mentioned.

MB

@VelocitàPaola did you do a Engine swap? I know I am going off topic! http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/5/2/3/5/9/100_0341.jpg

And I will trust their expertise as well! Clutch for 233$ or so not bad can't complain saves 200$ off a stock clutch

Spec clutch has good stock to slightly up grade clutches for good prices. I had the stage 2+ and it was great for my dd. It also held up great to awd launches. I would look into them.

I don't have an AWD! :cry::cry: :ohdamn: :nono: :barf: :sosad: :banghead: :(

Well I only know of 1 place for clutches around my area beside auto part places and south clutches

Hard to go wrong with stock set-up. SBC has fine clutches. F1 racing clutch (on E-Bay) is tried and true (I've gotten them into the 10's of thousands of miles). PT Cruiser clutch. Stock as mentioned.

MB

Yeah I know OEM clutch would be better! but I don't have that money to spend :( I have to spend money on bills and help out at home

My uncles friend will charge me 50$ to change the clutch but it will take him 3 days ( he works and etc ) , so clutch $ + installation 50$

Then I have to get my ball joints replaced on all sides :ohdamn:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back